• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Project Appleseed

aksavanaman

Work In Progress...
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Just curious if any of you have attended a Project Appleseed shoot, and maybe your thoughts and opinions? Seems like a neat program for folks to get into, certainly younger shooters, and I really like that they teach a little American history along the way. Wouldn't take much for me to set up a rifle for this, and I've always harped on myself for not using iron sights more often!

Anyways... here's a link to their website if you've never heard of it Project Appleseed

Our club runs a P.A. program but I've never attended it. It is usually 2 days and between work and archery tournaments I haven't had the time. It is a program to introduce and advance shooters in a rifleman program. Very heavy on history and the Revolutionary War. I'm going to try to make time for it this year but I don't have a small bore rifle to use yet. Plus, it takes a lot of ammo (250-500+ rounds) so using .223 or larger is out of the question for me.

It is very well received and the classes are usually full.

Back