• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Promag Magazines for 702

PCottrell

Copper BB
I bought a couple of Promag Mags for my 702 and took them for a spin. I had been having trouble loading CCI Stingers into the factory mag that came with my 702. (I bought the gun used). Well the stingers loaded into the mags smoothly and fired out well as long as the mag didn't slip down. It seems the lip that matwes with the magazine catch was not well designed and causes the magazine to slip after a couple of rounds or so. I managed to empty one of them once with no issues out of 50 rds. I tried prying the lip out a little but it didn't budge. probably needs to be cut and bent slightly. I found I was able to wiggle and pull on the mags and they would come out without using the release. The factory mag stays in perfectly... So I took the follower, spring and baseplate off one of the promags and put it on the factory mag... I'll see how it works out when I get another box of stingers. BTW Federal Champions worked in the factory mag just fine.

Back