• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Purchasing 702 plinkster from different store's:

tklar2011

Copper BB
Is there and difference in the quality? Does it matter what store I buy my 702 plinkster from, when it comes to price VS quality. Basically I have found some local places that sell this gun, a few being Gander Mtn, a local gun store, and also Wal-Mart. All the places I have found that have the gun in stock range widely in price, from $179.99 down to $107.99, the cheapest being the Wal-Mart one. Is there any noteable difference anyone has noticed in the quality from these different places. I want to buy the walmart one obviously because i can bo out the door with the gun for around $130 after taxes and all. The gander mtn one will be $218.

Thanks

if they are all the same model then i would see no reason for there to be a difference in quality. I bought mine at Walmart ($107) and I have zero issues with it.

It's the same gun. Like many guns the price will vary between locations. Walmart probably has more buying power and may get a better wholesale price and/or be willing to work from a smaller profit margarin.

There ARE different versions of the gun available but the one seen in stores by far is the 18" barrel gun with the black synthetic stock.

More can be seen on the Mossberg site: http://www.mossberg.com/products/rifles ... -plinkster

peteinpa said:
Got mine at Wally World $107. Works great.
They are a bang for the buck gun for sure. I've got some targets to post if I ever get off the iphone!!

Here's results - a close second to be proud of, my group was smaller - he was closer to the center + stronger optic.

#7. Rimfire or Centerfire rifle - 100 yards - 3 shots - (magnified optics 1.5x and above)

1st Place
stallard = score 1.250" / far shot 0.5625" / group 0.6875"
Rifle = Sprinfield Armory M1A 7.62x51
Optics = Sightron 4-16x42
Rifle Shootout - April 2013 - Ammo saving version!

2nd Place
mingaa = score 1.263" / far shot 0.774" / group 0.489"
Rifle = Mossberg 702 .22LR
Optics = Simmons 3-9x32

3rd Place
rcflyer = score 2.594" / far shot 1.069" / 1.525" group
Rifle = Mosin Nagant 91/30 7.62x54R
Optics = Vortex 4-12x?

Needless to say I didn't pull that off with 1 target - paper and lead went down.

Back