• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Put in a new range at home, planted grass seed, and hung a few steel/paper targets: <pics>

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Sooooo....

There is a new range at my house now. It's only a single lane (well maybe two of us can shoot side-by-side) but it is largely unfinished. I have grass seed with mulch and fertilizer watered this afternoon, and we are expecting 4-5 days of hot dry conditions so I am watering the mulch and fertilized seed to get a head start.

It's really a shame that a year ago I had that canoe capsizing incident where I tanked all my guns into the bottom of a deep lake. And the house fire in 2016 burned up ALL of my 25+ pounds of powder and lots and lots of primers. I am so deeply saddened by those losses.

But I always wanted to have this 150=yard range for me and the neighbors to come to without invitation. So I went ahead and did it any way.

If I can ever get back into shooting, even with an air gun pellet rifle, this additional range alongside my driveway will be a cool way to keep neighbors stopping by with their guns and maybe a sammich and a beer on the tailgate.

I have only hung in some circular TEMPORARY steel AR500 3/8" circles, and an 18"x36" steel plate, and a paper target backstop so my neighbors who still own a gun or two can come enjoy some camaraderie and safe shooting while I try to get me another .22 bolt rifle and get back to shooting.

Here is the 150-yard view

Here is the 25-yard vista

And beside the steel, if i can get an air rifle sometime soon I will have my custom-made paper targets to punch with the BB gun

say-when-cause-im-your-huckleberry--2.png

Saaayyy...that be some perdy looking lanes.

Looks like a wicked awesome good time! If only you had some firearms...

I'd like to be your neighbor too. I've long been fond of Alabama. Bulldogs, 4 wheel drive trucks on dirt roads, brackish water and the best ribs I've ever found. Wonderful country, but alas, I'll likely always be a yank.

Awesome job my friend...

Sorry to hear about your loss...but the new range will help you through the hard times until you get back on your feet.

The targets are the same ones I use...so, you can only get better once you save enough to buy another gun.

Good Luck !!

I want to add some more dirt to raise the back berm, and get some more steel targets placed in the lower half and do stronger mounts. It'll take time but the biggest hurdle is over.

Nice setup! That would be nice to have. I would love to do that with the garage. But in Ashland there is a city ordnance about firing guns. I have to go out in the county or the range.

I have a little more AR500 steel put in, with some more coming the biggest of which is 10" on a really sturdy mount.

My next door neighbor is a welder and will be upgrading me from the garden hangers I am using on the two you see on the right.

I love hitting steel instead of the old way of using hay bales I have always used at home.

my_range_zpsvggffsya.jpg

Hahahaha.

That was a sign left up for weeks after the election that should have been taken down. I was just cleaning up the neighborhood. :)

Yep.

They don't rot and take staple guns like a champ.

The only thing tougher in harsh environments than a corrugated plastic election sign... is Water Monkey. He is like Kryptonite.

Back