• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question...590A-1

jlh

Copper BB
I have a chance to pick-up a barely-used, good-condition, 590a-1 for $300....It is the "Tactical-Tri-Rail" model, with GRS....It has the Mossberg "feeding-issue," and will feed the first two-rounds, but not the remaining six...My thinking is that the feeding-problem is probably an easy-fix....Serial no. indicates a 2013 mfg date...'Good deal??.......Your thoughts and input are appreciated.

That is good price for that gun. There could be bent parts causing an issue or the mag spring/follower/rounds are binding on something inside the tube?

That is half what a new one would set you back. It's worth buying IMO.

BTW I am unaware of a common "feeding issue" of two rounds only.

Can you explain?

I would buy it quickly regardless.

lol.. guys.. i payed $900 for mine.. Thats the prices in Sweden !

300 seems like a very good price

What is the "Mossberg feeding-issue" ?
That is half what a new one would set you back. It's worth buying IMO.

BTW I am unaware of a common "feeding issue" of two rounds only.

Can you explain?

I would buy it quickly regardless.

It is more than likely and "out-of-spec" shell-stop, so I've gathered after some research...'not releasing the shell onto the carrier...'Some do it intermittently....'Some don't function, at all.....This particular specimen will chamber the first two, but not the remaining six....It is something that I can fix, easily....I'm told that shell-stop issues are a common problem on Mossberg shotguns.

It is more than likely and "out-of-spec" shell-stop, so I've gathered after some research...'not releasing the shell onto the carrier...'Some do it intermittently....'Some don't function, at all.....This particular specimen will chamber the first two, but not the remaining six....It is something that I can fix, easily....I'm told that shell-stop issues are a common problem on Mossberg shotguns.

Survey sez "buy it!"... I would take a good look down the mag tube and at the mag spring. Mag spring could be stacking up and binding. Last 6 rounds not feeding sounds like a mag issue. BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

I'd get it.

Hope you can diagnose and fix the common feeding problem though.

OP,
The 590A1 is a great shot gun. It's a heavy duty gun made for heavy duty work. For casual use it's probably more than one needs. Having said that for $300 bucks why not.

I'm sure you can fix whatever ails it. My 590A1 (Blackwater Model) does not have this issue.

Back