• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (April 2019) (NRA Finances)

Is the National Rifle Association facing financial ruin as they claim?

• Yes, the attacks on their finances is working.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's a tactic to hit back at their arch rivals.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls...

Is the National Rifle Association facing financial ruin as they claim?

Multiple votes are accepted.

I'm with water monkey on this one.

They have pissed off a lot of people. And people have been waking up to their antics for a long time now.

I didn't vote. I'm sure they can cash in on money drives in the future and fair better than they are now.

I think there are much better gun rights advocates though.

That doesn't advocate for gun taxes, registration, red flag BS.

Yes, my eyes are wide open.

No, I am not an NRA member. They do not speak for me. I have a voice and speak for myself thank you very much.

SnbJzKw.jpg

dXSS4Qr.png

I have been a life member years, I was NRA certified RO and firearms instructor for about 10 years in several disciplines. I continued to eat the cake long after deep down I felt it was tainted. I was an NRA apologist ive done so on this forum. I can now say with full 100% disdain the NRA has spat directly in our face. In,Ga this year the leadership worked directly with radical democrats on hb150 gun control legislation, they did NOTHING to fight it, they worked to "soften" it and keep,it quite. WE GUN OWNERS FOUGHT ALONE TO DEFEAT. The NRA director in GA Mr Art THom spoke to,me directly several times and bald,face lied to me. He also,stated when I question why no push for our constitutional carry , that they had no interest in bucking the Dems in Ga at this time with a vote that MAY lose ??? We had a huge nasty argument, the NRA has sold,out. Do not be fooled YES its sad, they did so much for,so long in education training programs , as,well as political good. Those days are GONE.
Fliprk THE NRA !!!!!!
I didnt vote pole, no answer said NRA is getting what they deserve, and leaders are banking as much cash as possible.

Last edited:
@Djcala thanks for the insight. I was a member of the NRA and I let it lapse when I saw the buckle on the red flag laws and the bumpstock ban. It took me back to the '94 AWB. I posted this months question after reading about the NRA publicly saying they are going broke and the daily phone calls I received after letting my membership lapse. I answered one call and let them know why I quit. After that I had daily calls that went unanswered for at least 2 weeks.

Make no mistake the NRA membership is,full of,amazing patriots fine men and women who love the sport and the 2A and America. It is the leadership, that are now,financial opportunist who simply trade chinese made trinkets to suckers for a donation. Behind closed doors they capitulate with antis, in slowing then inevitable attempt at the big GRAB , they know its coming and they also know they get filthy rich and walk away laughing at bubba in his old pick up with his prized NRA cap and sticker.......sad but true.

Make no mistake the NRA membership is,full of,amazing patriots fine men and women who love the sport and the 2A and America. It is the leadership, that are now,financial opportunist who simply trade chinese made trinkets to suckers for a donation. Behind closed doors they capitulate with antis, in slowing then inevitable attempt at the big GRAB , they know its coming and they also know they get filthy rich and walk away laughing at bubba in his old pick up with his prized NRA cap and sticker.......sad but true.

I guess I should have separated the NRA that pissed me off and the one that does all of the good, especially at the local level.

@Djcala thanks for the insight. I was a member of the NRA and I let it lapse when I saw the buckle on the red flag laws and the bumpstock ban. It took me back to the '94 AWB. I posted this months question after reading about the NRA publicly saying they are going broke and the daily phone calls I received after letting my membership lapse. I answered one call and let them know why I quit. After that I had daily calls that went unanswered for at least 2 weeks.

I get called daily as well, sometimes a couple of times, from area codes all over the country. I get mailings two or three times a week as well. I often wonder why they spend so much money on postage. That money could be put to use actually fighting for our rights.

I'm a member of both the UK NRA and the US NRA, and to be honest, you should be grateful for what you have....

Back in the 80's when the UK government were looking to ban semi-auto rifles they asked the NRA about them... the NRA shrugged and said "we don't care, they're not eligible for any of our competitions".

In the 90's when the UK government were looking to ban handguns, they asked the NRA... the NRA shrugged and said "we're a rifle association, we don't care about pistols"

Since then they have broadened their approach, and now are not just a Target Rifle association, but they still don't like to stir things up too much.... they're a charity, with a much smaller membership than the US version, and only a fraction of the financial resources. (They can barely afford to keep Bisley Camp neat and tidy..!!)

Your NRA is backing the bump-stock ban, but as we've previously discussed on here, bump-stocks are generally useless apart from a fun way to waste ammo.

Surely the NRA is just picking its fights...? giving in to a fight it knows it can't win, that won't affect genuine sportsmen/women and hunters...??

I'm a member of both the UK NRA and the US NRA, and to be honest, you should be grateful for what you have....

Back in the 80's when the UK government were looking to ban semi-auto rifles they asked the NRA about them... the NRA shrugged and said "we don't care, they're not eligible for any of our competitions".

In the 90's when the UK government were looking to ban handguns, they asked the NRA... the NRA shrugged and said "we're a rifle association, we don't care about pistols"

Since then they have broadened their approach, and now are not just a Target Rifle association, but they still don't like to stir things up too much.... they're a charity, with a much smaller membership than the US version, and only a fraction of the financial resources. (They can barely afford to keep Bisley Camp neat and tidy..!!)

Your NRA is backing the bump-stock ban, but as we've previously discussed on here, bump-stocks are generally useless apart from a fun way to waste ammo.

Surely the NRA is just picking its fights...? giving in to a fight it knows it can't win, that won't affect genuine sportsmen/women and hunters...??

Y'all keep thinking like that, while they now ban your knives ?????
Grateful ??? For our 2nd ammendment our fore fathers fought and died for, 100% and not giving up,one inch. Nope sorry, y'all capitulate and slowly deal your rights away, me and mine will give up NOTHING NOT ONE SINGLE INCH.
719oF54FTEL._UL1087_.jpg etch it in stone.
We crazy colonists were farmers and shop keepers not,the greatest standing army on earth. They came to take our guns, we killed them......
PS. Our 2nd ammendment rights have absolutely NOTHING to do with "sportsmen or hunters etc..." Thats a mistake many make.
It is to deal with a tyranical government that attempts to overstep its bounds, we have phrases not understood elsewhere: WE THE PEOPLE, and SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, etc... Much blood was shed to write those words. Many have sworn a LIFE OATH to support and defend the constitution, and we shall do our duty, damn the torpedoes sir.

Last edited:
@Daryll

I will leave a last tidbit, an excerpt from a sacred document OUR delclaration of independence, even prior to our constitution:

to secure these rights,governments are instituted among men, derivingtheir just powers from the consent of the governed;that whenever any form of government becomesdestructive of these ends, it is the right of thepeople to alter or to abolish it, and to institute newgovernment, laying its foundation on suchprinciples, and organizing its powers in such form,as to them shall seem most likely to effect theirsafety and happiness.”

So if they seek to usurp Our ability to be We The People, there will be a fight not a mass turn in as in other country's.

We pray this never occurs and our children live in peace.[/QUOTE]

Our Politics is like the mafia.
The price just keeps going up.

IMO The NRA is now mostly a liability because it is a big roster, able to be abused.

Constantly soliciting for money.
A political machine to feed, spewing words and paper.

I prefer to spend it on ammo and practice.

It's not so cut and dry as that. It opens up the door to administratively ban something that literally does not fit the definition of the law written. Bump Stocks do not fit within the law as a machine gun. Never did and the ATF formally reviewed the law and interpreted it correctly a few times.

Now, based on executive pressure, it has been "re-examined" (with the backing of the NRA) to be placed as a prohibited item REGARDLESS of the law written by an agency that has no fiduciary responsibility to the citizens.

Furthermore, the "red flag" laws are being pushed by the NRA WILL be abused and HAVE been abused to confiscate private property without due process. People have actually been shot and killed due to this law in other states.

It wasn't low hanging fruit. There was no mass push to ban bump stocks after the Las Vegas shooting (which is surrounded with the utmost secrecy in information provided). It was the President and the NRA that was so vocal to bring this to the forefront. Additionally, after the shooting.... when things calmed down.... the efforts could have been stalled but instead the NRA and the executive branch steam rolled forward with this objective.

And contrary to popular belief.... the second amendment isn't about hunting and sportsman in America. It's about the proper arms to form a militia in times where security and freedom are at the highest risk of being trampled. Either foreign or domestic. This is easily seen in various Supreme Court rulings from the Miller case to the McDonald case to the Heller case. And more recently rulings on taser guns have been rendered lifting bans because they have adequate use in militias in various state supreme court cases.

Has the NRA done some good stuff in the past. Sure. But presently there's some high end crap being stirred for something that must be conducted in closed door sessions. What that is and why they are crapping over legal and law abiding gun owners with no bargaining from the opposite side is beyond my comprehension.

They give up without getting some capitulation from the other side. No hearing protection act approved, no CCW reciprocity placed on the senate floor. Nothing. Butt-eff-ery.

Last edited:
Well that certainly stirred things up..!!

I'm well aware of your Constitution, and why it was written, (it was actually based on the British "Bill of Rights" written in 1689, which has conveniently been forgotten about by the British Government and Justice system over the years!), and I respect that, but over here its a numbers game...

In the US 43% of citizens own a gun... in the Uk its around 1% of the population so we have a much smaller voice.... Compare that with 30% of the UK population that think all guns should be banned, and another 30% that think we should have even stronger regulations....so we're under threat all the time.
We look to the national shooting bodies, mainly the UK NRA, to speak up for us, which they do.... in the typical British way of issuing a politely worded statment to the gov'ment asking nicely that they don't ban our guns...

If all the Uk owners gave the "you can take my guns from my cold dead fingers" bit, we'd simply get a knock on the door from the local heavily armed police unit... and yes, we do have some armed police...

What I'm trying to say here is support your NRA... they may not be perfect, but they're a lot better then nothing...

Back