• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month (April 2022) (Red Dawn)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls.

If the United States (or your home country) were invaded by another nations military, would you stay and fight?

Last edited:
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls.

If the United States (or your home country) were invaded, would you stay and fight?
Barring unforeseen circumstances I would say yes...I'd stay. Many variables and possibilities could affect that decision. The biggest being family and making sure they're out of harms way as much as possible.

I got bad knees and I am too f***ing old to run.

Remember when we were talking about being invaded by blue helmeted peacekeepers?

I think we were all pretty much ready to shoot at them.

These “what would you do” questions are always based on us not knowing the circumstances we might find ourselves under, in the future.

For instance, if the land was chem/radio/biologically poisoned and you could not live here any longer, there wouldn’t be a reason to stay. As soon as your filters etc ran out you would die.

I own some of the highest elevation ground in the entire county, maybe even the highest, with open pasture land all around my house. An artillery unit would LOVE to occupy this land. I would not stand a chance trying to defend it.

I'm too old and broken to play infantry soldier any more.

Yes, might not be able to run two miles or ruck an 80 pound pack but certainly can shoot straight!

My concern about the wording of the question - think we've already been invaded and right now just need to sort out the various invaders.

Regards

Too broken to do a lot of hoofin' anymore. But put me in the back of a toyota or located on the side of a road on top of a hill, and I would guarantee a bad day for someone.

May have to sit out some at the rear making party poppers and other assorted goodies. But, I'd be donating some of my breaths somehow.

And as Ernst has mentioned, we have been invaded by untold millions already and haven't done anything about it and that bothers me greatly. It's wrong what the government is doing and allowing and hurting our nation. I would bet my lost penny they're getting paid off and getting kickbacks allowing it somehow.

I'm just waiting for the hurt to overflow. But at the current rate, my bones will probably be mummified and petrified before that happens.

But insofar as an invading force, they're paid for.

We've already been "invaded" and a corrupt govt is sneaking the "invaders" into strategic areas throughout the country. Should we be further invaded by an armed force of some kind, expect the former "invaders" to now become refugees and to heavily tax resources such as food, fuel and shelter. The refugee camps and homes in your neighborhood that had "Biden*Harris" signs and bumper stickers will be alternate sources of supplies for patriotic militias. ;) The only people I will care about will be friends, family and like-minded folk--I will not even give a rat's ass to anyone else to eat. IDGAF about their children because they grow up to be the enemy--I have become quite ruthless as I have become older and wiser... :(

As far as guerilla forces go, if you are a hunter or marksman, you are also a sniper. No need to confront enemy forces up close when they can be picked off from afar. I am not as mobile as I once was but am prepared to go down in a blaze of glory! :)

I have edited the original question to specify being invaded by another nation's military.

Some polls have shown 30% of Republicans and over half of democrats would bail out if we were invaded

Perhaps another month we'll address the current, non military, invasion for which we don't do anything. .

Last edited:
If anyone were to bail, would be fine with most.

Long as they stayed gone after the hard work was done by others.

Maybe after the fighting is done, there would be a lot of structure fires if anything were left standing. Personally, I'd hide out in their places and eat their food while they were gone. So, if the enemy tracked me there, they'd just bomb their houses and not mine.

I ain't stupid enough to let them follow me to MY home.

I would stay and fight. But I am not likely to survive long against superior forces/weapons. I'm a realist.
I think that goes for most of us nitesite. I don't think there are many here that think they could withstand an onslaught by military regulars on their own or even in small militias. But, if like in Ukraine they mix willing civilian fighters with our own regulars then we'd have more than a fighting chance I'd say.

I believe there are still enough patriots to mix with regular military forces to mount a fearsome defense...just my opinion.

I'm not saying anything bad about the military when I say this. But I'd rather be a part of an unorganized militia.

Besides what the military has become the last few years, combined with all the "rules of war" and treaties they've signed, I'd rather wage war by my own rules.

If that involved flamethrowers and pulling fingernails out to extract info, well, that's just how it would be.

I'm not saying anything bad about the military when I say this. But I'd rather be a part of an unorganized militia.

Besides what the military has become the last few years, combined with all the "rules of war" and treaties they've signed, I'd rather wage war by my own rules.

If that involved flamethrowers and pulling fingernails out to extract info, well, that's just how it would be.
Remind me to never piss you off............:nutkick:

You know, I'm a really gentle fella. Have left a warm bed in the middle of the night to go help people that called and needed it. Have given food and other things to complete strangers that had lost their homes in fires and stuff. Donated my time and stuff behind the scenes to help with food boxes and clothes and school supplies and Christmas gifts for kids. Never asked for a thing in return and even shied away from any acknowledgement of doing it.

But, then there's also a stark contrast of a man too.

You can probably thank my irish, scot, cherokee heritage for that.

I can be someones' best friend.

Or, be what haunts them and keeps them awake at night.

If you recall, some of my favorite verses in the Bible is Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8. I believe that covers most of us participating in the thread really well.

I prefer to be the gentle guy that smiles at kids and speaks softly. But, not everyone will leave that man alone.

Very true. Some people can't leave well enough alone. Those kind usually get what's coming to 'em one way or another.

I think a better question for this month might have been “if the United States were invaded, would it arm its citizens the way the citizens of Ukraine were armed by its government?”

I think a better question for this month might have been “if the United States were invaded, would it arm its citizens the way the citizens of Ukraine were armed by its government?”

Not sure there would be a need for the U.S. government to hand out weapons. By most reports there are around 400 million weapons in civilian hands in the U.S. including handguns, rifles and shotguns.

Plus the U.S. military has around 5 million and law enforcement over 1 million weapons (handguns, rifles, shotguns).

However, IMO the greatest concern would be the availability of ammo stocks. I seriously doubt many of the civilian owners of these weapons have more than a few hundred rounds of ammo on hand which equates to only a couple of days of fighting if things got hot. While the governemnt has huge stockpiles of ammunition the logistics of distribution to civilians across the country is certainly suspect.

Regards

Last edited:
Back