• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. December 2013

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a new monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the later questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls....

What are your Five Most Favorite Firearms?

Explain your answer in your post.
You may only choose actual real world guns.

No reallycoolfakesteampunkcallofdutycartoonbattlefieldkillzonegamers firearms. :p

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement. :D

I am posting this a smidgen early, only cuz it's going to be a busy weekend for me and I don't want to forget.

Thanks !!!

I put some thought in my answers! I'm kind of basing these off firearms i've handled or fired!

1. Maverick 88 security- I first shot my buddies 88 24" barrel after that I wanted one a few months go by I bought my 88 security and haven't looked back!

2. Springfield armory XDS .45 acp - my brother in law has one let me fire it at the range as soon as funds allow I'm getting one!

3. S&W M&P sheild 9mm- fun to shoot my sisters gun she let me squeeze off a few rounds great gun!

4. S&W 15-22 - went to an event put on by smith and wesson bought a few rounds of 22 lr and it was easy to fire and tons of fun to shoot glad I had a chance to fire one of those!

5. Ruger sp 101 .357 - no doubt one of the most powerful guns i've shot so far my buddy and family friend own one incredible gun!

Those are the ones that Impress me the most have seen many but those are are the ones I have experience with!

Mossberg 500, Browning Hi-Power and Marlin Lever Actions in particular the .357 and .44 magnum.
It would be hard to sort them first to last but I would have to say the Marlins are fighting for first with the Hi-Power.

M1 Garand- "Greatest battle implement ever devised".... Need I say more?

1911- I'm lusting over Ruger's stainless model... But most I've held and shot have been fantastic!

Mossberg 590A1- Still my favorite scattergun, its tough... It's rough and hasn't failed me yet.

Ruger 10/22- Most reliable .22 I've ever owned, and probably most customizable!

AR15- preferably quality home built... But as long as its reliable, you can't beat the amount of firepower compared to its mobility!

Most favorite? In no particular order (although I've shot all of them)...

MK19 GrenadeMachineGun - Need I say more? There is something special about SEEing rounds that make a boom up to a mile away.

AR15 platform - this is legos for big boys, you can customize and interchange this platform in so many ways it's silly...and fun!

10/22 takedown - a full size rifle? in a backpack? yes!

Mossberg MVP - sweet shooting, classic stock, and now, in 7.62!

S&W M&P series - from subcompact to target length, just a great line of pistols!

1. - SA m1a loaded..... one of the godds of war ....
2. -SA 1911 a1 .45 ss loaded .... I love it ...shoot her weekly
3. - Mossberg M590A1 U.S. Service Model .... have someone rack a round in the dark , then
ask me.
4. - Remington model 10 .... she's always been fussy but she speaks her mind clearly
5. - hi-standard 22 model gd..... fun ...cheap...... a nail driver.

These are my personal favorites ..... probably because I own them

Let's see...maybe not favorites as I don't have any of them but these are the ones I've fired and enjoyed:

Sig 1911 45 ACP -- heavy, handles well, great shooting gun.
M-16A1 -- had fun shooting it in the USAF
Sterling Mk4 9mm Carbine -- 34 rounds of fun. Not real accurate past 50 yds but it was a blast to shoot.
Mini 14 -- enuff said
Any AR platform
Any of a number of quality hunting rifles...Rem, Browning, etc.

I need to save some $$$ and make a trip to Knob Creek, KY for their machine gun shoot. I hear it is a hoot and a half...

1. Colt 1991A1 stainless government .45ACP - Never failed, always goes bang, I can hit what I shoot at every time with this pistol.
2. Winchester Model 1897 12 Ga. - Was my Grandfather's shotgun, never an issue, solid design.
3. Winchester Model 90 .22LR Pump - My first real gun.
4. M14 - Shot one in the service, just love the platform.
5. Smith and Wesson M 28 Highway Patrolman .357 Magnum - Always wanted one!! :) Prettiest gun I've ever seen!!

I'm fairly new to the gun owner world, so only two of the five are guns that I actually own.

1) First gun I ever bought and will always be my favorite, Mossberg 500 12 guage 18.5" barrel with bird's head pistol grip.

2) Will definitely be my next purchase, Baretta U22 Neos.

3) Only other gun I actually own on this list, early 50s Stevens 15b. Shoots .22 short, long, and long rifle. If I had to leave the house with only one gun this would be it.

4) My wife's truck gun, Rossi 38 special. Keeps her and my son safe.

5) Would love to own a high end 1911 one day.

1) Sig XO 1911 - love to shoot .45 and do my own reloads.
2) Browning Citori - shoot a lot of 5 stand and the gun just fits me perfect.
3) Ruger Mark III - love shooting it
4) Henry Golden Boy - given to me by my wife and kids
5) S&W MP15 tons of fun to shoot

I spend most of my shooting time chasing flying targets so shotguns HAVE to top my list.

1) My Browning BT-99 one of the best and most cost effective Trap guns that have ever been made!
2) All of my 500's Built like tanks and they crush targets on the Skeet Field, Sporting and Hunting!
3) My EDC, Bersa .380. Hits where I point and is in my pocket to protect ALL the time!
4) My Ruger GP 100
5) My first Gen Glock 21

IMG_0236.jpg

1816 model L. Pomeroy 1837 stamp for the US. It’s been in my family since the Civil war, possibly longer. A lot of them started life as flint locks and were then captured by the CS and converted to percussion cap and handed back out. It is one of my most prized possessions and it’s the only firearm I own with a bayonet lug

I built this AR from scratch …..Stripped everything and its one of the straightest shooting riles I have ever shot. Precice , parts are simple and readily available….. from your neighbors house likely, magazines are cheap and it is simple to keep running

Ruger MK II Government Target, I can shoot flies at 25 yards 9 out of 10 timrs

A precision combat pistol that is almost as accurate as a rifle

Mossberg 500 Vang Comp goodies…..one of the most versatile weapons I own

I don't want to see pictures of your CZ any more... got it! You're killing me! That Pomeroy is pretty nice piece of History Oli, glad to see she's in great hands!

First is a Glock 21. A good caliber in an easy to shoot package

Second, a Remington 12 ga 870 with extended tube. I have practiced most with the 870 and it has never given any issue.

Third, a Smith and Wesson model 63 four inch. The greatest kit gun ever.

Fourth, a Ruger 10/22 take down. I have one and it is very nice to take anywhere.

Fifth, a Remington 7600 in 30/06. A great hunting gun for food.

Those are the five I've chosen. I like seeing what everyone else has picket also.

So Rip have you explained to all the posters that if there is not a Mossberg in your top 5 list, then they will be banned from the forum :eek: :lol:

LTB45 said:
So Rip have you explained to all the posters that if there is not a Mossberg in your top 5 list, then they will be banned from the forum :eek: :lol:
now you guys got LTB mad

LTB45 said:

That's the first thing when I saw the numbers 8-7-0 in sequence :twisted:

aksavanaman said:
LTB45 said:

That's the first thing when I saw the numbers 8-7-0 in sequence :twisted:

That was the reason for my post...LOL!!
Oli I aint MAD, maybe a bit crazed but never Mad ;)

Back