• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. December 2013

LTB45 said:
So Rip have you explained to all the posters that if there is not a Mossberg in your top 5 list, then they will be banned from the forum :eek: :lol:

Ok, a Mossy 500 12 ga with the stock 20 yr old rubber-now-concrete recoil pad...especially when shooting 18 straight rounds in a 3 gun match...:wink:

And...a...J...M...9...3...0...

Happy now, LTB?

Oli...outstanding flintlock! I can see why it would mean so much.

My list guns which I have fired:

Smith and Wesson .357 revolver with 6" barrel. Belongs to my Uncle and dates to the mid 70's. Sweet to shoot and the most accurate handgun I have ever fired.

Mossberg 590A1...if I don't shoot it now and then I swear it calls me until I do. Great gun and the reason I signed on at MO.

Mini 14 in 5.56/.223. Flat out fun to shoot and I love the action. It's even better with a smaller gas block bushing that doesn't throw the brass 25 feet.

Garand. What can I say?...30-06 in semi automatic. Ping!

My buddy's Remington 700 with 5R rifling. I can't believe how accurate it is. He got it as part of a special run before they become more available.

LTB45 said:
So Rip have you explained to all the posters that if there is not a Mossberg in your top 5 list, then they will be banned from the forum :eek: :lol:[/quote

I call it like I see it. lol

I haven't had my Mossbergs long enough for them to make the list.

I have no doubt in that they will make the list in the future, perhaps replacing the 870.

It didn't take long before anyone caught lists lacking the sites reason for being.

carbinemike said:
Oli...outstanding flintlock! I can see why it would mean so much.
thank you Mike
If you look at the side plate you can see a brass piece. That is where the flash pan used to be. They plugged them with the brass and turned them into percussion cap.
I doesn't have the nipple anymore but the real tell tale is the hammer, or the lack of the clamp to hold the flint. Really neat how they did it and worked with what they had.
there was no way to out produce the North so they would repurpose a lot of things and always repurposed captured weapon

My five are pretty much what I currently own.

1st, my 20" Maverick 88.........simple............100% reliable.........versatile............perfection.

2nd, either of my Glock 17's. My service weapon for many years with which I have the utmost confidence.

3rd, my VERY recently purchased Smith and Wesson MP15 in .22lr. To date the most reliable and superbly accurate .22lr rifle I have ever owned.

4th, my Glock 21 .45acp. Super reliable and powerful, a pistol for the "real world" for sure. Does what it says on the tin every time !

5th, I have to say my Norinco NP28 9mm. Nickle plated and finished off to perfection. Feels like a bar of soap right out of the box. Shoots like a target revolver and extremely reliable. 16 rounds of 9mm para in a nice heavy steel pistol, very little recoil and user friendly.

1st, 336 Marlin, .35 Remington... Always wanted one since I was a kid watching old west movies. It's the first gun I bought for myself...
2nd, Rossi R92 .357/38sp... I got another lever action(second purchase), nickel plated - just think they're cool :cool: Plus at the time it was cheaper to shoot...not so much anymore...
3rd, Taurus 608 .357 8" Barrel... Heavy gun, very little recoil... accurate, fun to shoot - bought a pair (consecutive numbers).
4th, Mossberg 500a... got it for a deal with the .357's back in '03... Just shot it for the first time couple weeks back in a Turkey Shoot at the VFW, took second place with it.
5th, S&W SS Hammerless 38... Small, compact and fun to shoot

Another tough one for sure.

1. My G21, gen 2. Never fussy, always works, easy to customize or tweak, pretty damn accurate.
2. Either AK. Some punch, fun like a .22, not fussy at all.
3. Nylon 66. Very fun. Hoping .22s will get plentiful & cheap again.
4. Ruger Blackhawk, .357. Scary accurate. Slows things down to a thoughtful level.
5. Mossberg 930T. Big medicine. Going to try for a longer barrel next year.
6. Historically, my WWII Remington Model 11 riot with civilian & mil. stampings.

There are several others I really need to get out and shoot.

My list is all firearms I currently own. In no particular order.
1. My Mossberg 500, the first shotgun I bought myself, in the process of getting it built just how I like it.

2. Marlin .22 mag. Me and my cousin have sold and traded this one back an forth multiple times. But its a small varmint killing machine. Ive taken the heads off of a few muskrat's with it.

3. Single shot New England 20 gauge. My first real gun, Christmas present. Lots of rabbits fell to this one in the past 20 years.

4. Technically not mine, but in my possession, my dads Browning semi auto .22. Just a fun accurate little gun to shoot. I prefer open sights on this one.

5. My Savage .308 just knowing I can reach out an touch something.

1. My dads old Model HD Military 22 (W/left handed grips, though i'm right handed)

2. Also my dads old Ruger single six

3. My Ruger 10/22 (Can't help it, 30 round mags and tons of fun!)

4. My converted stainless Colt 1911 series 80 (Back to 70) Competition piece. (Feeds everything and has never failed me in competition or in play!)

5. My old Bushmaster (Newly Rebuilt) AR-15 .223. Again, tons of fun and has never failed.

6. My New 930 SPX! Going out tomorrow!! Oh wait, you said 5.....sorry...

I love the ruger single six! I actually just made a set of grips for one for my neighbor.

ripjack13 said:
I love the ruger single six! I actually just made a set of grips for one for my neighbor.

The diabolical good neighbor!

Sing it with me now....

Like a diabolical good neighbor, ripjack is therrrre....

:)

1) 1911 5" .45acp Government model, no need to explain why!
2) Browning Hi-Power 9mm, fits like a glove
3) CZ-75 9mm, fantastic shooter
4) AR-15 5.56, great ergonomics Hi-cap, accurate and easy to work on.
5)Thompson SMG .45ACP
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
yes it's got the fun switch.
5678302828_9c87f2a6af_b.jpg

ripjack13 said:
Like a diabolical good neighbor, ripjack is therrrre....
:lol:

Very nice choices yardbird. I'm a Hi-Power devotee too and who doesn't like a Thompson?

1) Les Baer Concept VII 1911 in .45

2) Any Glock But the 30SF and the 19 are at the top.

3) Daniel Defense DDM4 V5

4) Remington 870. Because it just works no matter what.
It would be an Mossberg 930 SPX if it would only work. Double feeds/jams or doesn't feed at all.:(
Anybody want to buy an 930 SPX?

5) Buckmark Camper .22LR

F-4 Phantom
M-1 Abrams Tank
Oh.... you mean riffles and handguns.
1: Mossberg 464 22lr (because I love to go shooting it with my 8 year old son).
2: Marlin 336 CS in 30-30 (It's the deer riffle, never shot a deer but shot a lot of pigs.)
3: Mossberg 500 12 Gauge. (It will do anything, big game, ducks, upland game, home defense etc.)
4: Gelnfield / Marlin Mod 60. 22lr. (my first riffle, still shooting it 41 years later.)
5: 4" 357 mag revolver. (They will shoot when you need them to, and will drop almost anything.)

1911. Classic 45, been around for over a decade and still a great gun

Remington 870 - great all around shotgun. Hunting bird, small game, large game, and home defense. Reliable. not to mention my first shotgun.

M1 grand. Another classic. Love the "ting" at the end

Glock 19. Great all around pistol. Small enough to conceal, but big enough to be a comfortable shooter. Great for home defense too. Possibility of high capacity and indestructible.

Ruger LCP. Keltec came up with it, Ruger perfected it. No reason not to carry it. Can conceal in anything but a birthday suit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Back