• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. December 2013

1. Glock 19 - quite possibly the greatest CCW of all time.
2. Beretta 92 - Wanted one the very first time I saw Lethal Weapon as a kid.
3. M16 - This was my rifle. There were many like it, but that one was mine.
4. Mossberg 500 Pump (8 shot) - Mr. Versatility in the SHTF Pageant.
5. S&W Model 66 Combat Magnum - 2nd only to the Mossy in pure pants piss inducing appearance.

For a semi-auto rifle:
M&P15 MOE OR

For a centerfire bolt action rifle:
Savage FP110L in 308 Winchester

For a rimfire bolt action rifle:
AnschutZ 1416L (22LR)

For a lever action rifle:
Marlin 1895G in 45/70

For pump action shotgun:
Remington 870P

For a semiauto shotgun:
I wish I could say it is my 930SPX, but it simply has proven to be unreliable. Even after two visits to Mossberg. I prefer the Benelli M2 or the Winchester SX2. Sorry Mossberg, but you simply missed the chance to have a great shotgun, but do not seem to care enough to fix the problems the design has.

Carry pistol:
Smith & Wesson M&P40

Single stack pistol:
STI Trojan 1911 in 40S&W

Welcome Mike T. You have some nice guns on your list. I'm sorry to hear that the 930SPX hasn't been reliable for you. I hope you don't give up. You deserve a good functioning gun for your money.

If you aren't ready to give up on the 930...from an Old Mossy post:

Talk to him again and ask him for a call tag for the barrel and give him a copy of the sales ticket.
If he can't help you ask for
Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Well I am new to this forum but I still own and shoot a 1974 model Mossberg 500 country squire. It has had home loads and store bought and has never failed. My 5 is:
Mossberg 500
Ruger 10/22
Dan Wessen 6 inch heavy barrel .357
Ruger M77 30-06
CZ PCR
Except for the CZ all of these was bought new in the 70's have seen a lot of use and there has been 0 failures and there is a lot of good memories with each of them.

FyrFytr998 said:
1. Glock 19 - quite possibly the greatest CCW of all time.
2. Beretta 92 - Wanted one the very first time I saw Lethal Weapon as a kid.
3. M16 - This was my rifle. There were many like it, but that one was mine.
4. Mossberg 500 Pump (8 shot) - Mr. Versatility in the SHTF Pageant.
5. S&W Model 66 Combat Magnum - 2nd only to the Mossy in pure pants piss inducing appearance.

A quality post. Thanx for the chuckle. ;)

Been debating the list so haven't posted 'til now. Some of these I have and some I don't or not quite yet! ;)

1) Ruger Mini-14 - wanted one since I can't remember when
2) Winchester Model 94 - my Pa's .30-30 lever gun w/ shorty barrel - will be mine one day
3) CZ 75 - needs no explanation - I have an IWI Baby Eagle 9mm CZ clone on the way now
4) Remington 700 - love my hunting rifle
5) Franchi Spas 12 - won't happen cuz they are prohibited in Canada, they are just all kinds of cool

Back