• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month...(December 2016)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer.

What are your top gun rights bucket list items you would like to see from the Trump administration?

National CCW Reciprocity
Signed Hearing Protection Act
Stacked SCOTUS with Pro Constitution Judges and let an AWB hit their desk so they can mark it unconstitutional due to arbitrary and capricious definitions of "Assault Weapon". And even a ruling on the word "bear" so that all states must offer full carry CCW or Constitutional Carry.

I dream big.

I want that Water Monkey should run DHS. :good:

And seriously, I want firearms training for all kids, in school, at about the age of 13.
We need to be training little defenders instead of little offenders.

I think self defense is everyone's responsibility. As such, it should be considered as a necessity of life, as should the training/tools of defense: not as a taxed and overpriced luxury, as our government acts.

Last edited:
Ditto on WM's post.

Eradicate all the individual locality and state abridgement to gun rights (will take a strong SCOTUS to do that). Sucks driving thru anti- states and feeling like I'm a damn criminal.

Get the federal departments out of the ammo procuring business. Each department does not need millions of rounds of ammo.

Make companies who have a no gun policy or ban CC on there premises legally and financially responsible for the safety of their customers and/or employees in the event of an active shooting. It is BS to have to disarm to go into a store (not going to happen) or while at work. Some companies even ban firearms from being locked in vehicles.

Make suppressors legal for OTC purchase.

As a side comment, disband the EPA or at least reverse their present course. They are a regulatory agency and should not be funded by fines they levy. Downsize the IRS and rewrite the tax laws to a straight flat tax across the board. No more loop holes. And if you receive government funding it will be taxed as well.

Ok, I'm done...for now. ;-)

I've wanted this for years. Maybe now is the time.

Defensive Handgun Carry laws reduced to:

1. Don't show it.
2. Don't shoot it.

That was my contribution to a legislation brainstorming session. If you shoot your sidearm the onus would be on you to prove the discharge was a righteous response to a threat. 'Nuff said.

I've wanted this for years. Maybe now is the time.

Defensive Handgun Carry laws reduced to:

1. Don't show it.
2. Don't shoot it.

That was my contribution to a legislation brainstorming session. If you shoot your sidearm the onus would be on you to prove the discharge was a righteous response to a threat. 'Nuff said.

wholeheartedly disagree. We have something like that in NY. No matter the circumstances you'll be in court defending your actions. Even when you're in your own home and someone busts in, you go right to grand jury.

And then the perps family can sue you in civil court for blowing away his aspiring rap career.

Nope. I'd rather live under stand your ground laws and plan to settle down in such a state the believes in my true right to self defense. And when the investigation yields I was justified the State AG will not pursue the case.

Nope. I'd rather live under stand your ground laws and plan to settle down in such a state the believes in my true right to self defense. And when the investigation yields I was justified the State AG will not pursue the case.
Totally agree with you, WM. I would not change any right of absolute protection of stand-your-ground laws as you describe.

Water Monkey, I believe you would like Oklahoma.

It's not what I like. It's what the wife will agree to.

TN is on top of the list so far. She want's NC but I'm looking for a deep red state to run to before the next presidential election.

It's not what I like. It's what the wife will agree to.

TN is on top of the list so far. She want's NC but I'm looking for a deep red state to run to before the next presidential election.
I have been to NC and TN several times and liked them both. TN did impress me as Al Gore couldn't carry it as his home state in 2000. Of course I was also impressed when I went into the WalMart in Clayton, NC 6 years ago and they had AR, Mini 14's, AK-47's etc for sale. They even had a sign with about 20 states they could sell to those citizens. Maybe a change would be to sell to any US citizen that is eligible.

Last edited:
Back