1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Question Of The Month. (December 2019)

Discussion in 'Question of the Month' started by carbinemike, Dec 3, 2019 at 6:16 PM.

1. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Howdy,
    This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls...

Will Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties make a difference or are they just a symbolic statement.

(Second Amendment Sanctuaries are counties that refuse to use local police officers to enforce state or federal gun laws that they view as unConstitutional.)
    ripjack13 and meanstreak like this.
  2. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

I would like to think sanctuary counties would make a difference, but I don't hold my breath. If I worked 200 miles from a sanctuary county it would be difficult to move there. However, if I were to enter the country illegally I would head straight for a sanctuary city.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 8:01 PM
    ripjack13 likes this.
  3. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

I think 2A Sanctuary Counties will work if the trend continues. Strength in numbers. But there may be "moles" brainwashed in the academy that need to be coaxed into towing the line...
    meanstreak and ripjack13 like this.
  4. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

yet to be seen .......I believe SAPO started in Oregon and spread to other states . Because other states are in the boat now. So far its just a statement and we have many counties in it at this point.
    You guys back East are starting to see , like I said here years ago........no state is immune I about crapped when I heard the about Kentucky and Virginia becoming blue states
    meanstreak and ripjack13 like this.
  5. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

The notion that you can have a locality void a state law by declaring yourself a sanctuary is probably not going to hold up in court. But laws, at the end of the day, need somebody to enforce them. Cops and local sheriffs who make laws they don't like their lowest priority aren't doing anything illegal, but their decision effectively nullifies the laws in question.
    Second Amendment sanctuaries might be an effective way to resist gun control legislation and aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I hope it sends a message to the authoritarian control freaks.
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

It's like the story about throwing a starfish back into the water: "It mattered to that one."

Here in our county it matters.

Our sheriff supports the 2A, and a CCW is generally available, but in many others lack of the CCW issues is the least of offences. If I lived closer to the coast, ammo or gun stores would be generally unavailable in many towns. Cities simply don't approve the stores for a license, citing some vague and general public sentiment.
    meanstreak likes this.