• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month...(February 2016)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer.

What is Mossberg Owners doing well and what could we do to improve?

A forum revolves around its core group. This one is tops.

I see a few drive-bys. Members often come and go in a day or a week.

That's typical too.

I can't find anything constructive to criticise yet.

Ask me again in a year. LOL

Maintaining our standards is one of the things we do the best. Ive been on forums for various hobbies for well over 10 years, and this one is by far the friendliest, and most well policed. Its rare but occasionally an egotistical loudmouth passes through, and when they violate the rules and regs they are politely reminded, and if it continues they are removed. Our moderators are quick to respond when they spot this behaviour.

As for doing better, some of our technical threads tend to run off topic. I enjoy the comraderie and story swapping, but when im reading a thread for technical information its aggravating to scroll through a page or two of banter to pick out information.

This forum is a group of like minded guys that coexist together well.

I was part of marlinowners for years, but slowly watched a few mods that would turn a blind eye to there friends that were trouble, yet would come down hard on those that opposed the people that were trouble. That was my reason for leaving, and never going back.
Don't see that around these parts.
Cheers mossbergowners.

BTW, I follow the MO political threads daily; and the fact that such things may be discussed here distracts me almost completely from my other forums.

car
truck
motorcycle
longboard
computer
hotrod
etc.

They're all getting less attention because the politics are verbotten.

It's a head-in-the-sand environment, where under-informed people are too easily offended & so many PCNAZIS are looking at any PC-offense with indignant glee.

Who are the brain police?

Surprise, it's us

Meh, other than the free beer thing, I think it's pretty well ran around here. And I especially like that the NSFW / free for all is truly free for all. That's rare on forums these days. Then again, I'm an old cynical asshole, so what do I know.

There is always a way to get better for one reason or another, but just as we are now, it couldn't be any better.

Lots of great info and advice and there's always something to learn from someone else, no matter your experience. I know I have. Mods are a key part of MO success.

We also have other platform topics than just Mossberg which is great because most of us have other platforms too. (its like a one stop shop)

I don't see any bad that I can comment on.

Love the place and glad to be a member and contributor when I ca be.

I'm new here, but I've been a lurker in several other forums and rarely participate, let alone donate. This is by far the most well-mannered, minded and topically diverse forum I've seen. It is great that there are off-topic sub formums to keep the political and off-topic from creeping into technical topics, but also allowed.
I felt welcomed to participate from the beginning and see no bashing or shaming only encouragement.
Improvements? Maybe a faster vetting turn around?
More diversity: gender, racially, culturally. But I don't know how to improve that.
Car, news and sport sub forums? Then I won't have to go anywhere else.
Let me know if I can help.

Back