• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month...(January 2016)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer.

Can Donald Trump win the Presidency and be an effective leader?

I hate to say it...but I'm beside myself on Ted and Donald....
I like trump....but Ted has some good stuff too....

I hope if the don is elected, he does what he says he was going to do. Although I doubt his effectiveness in the war and peace zone....

My internal "jury is still out" regarding IF The Donald is genuinely serious about the job. He does not seem like one who could actually deal with an obstinate congress. Nobama HAS paved the way for Trump to be more of a ruler IF he gets the job...

I do NOT like the way he disparages other Republican candidates. And he is outspoken to a fault--he really needs to think a couple seconds ahead of his mouth instead of the other way around. I DO like it when he points out how dishonest that lying POS Billdebeast really is.

I think Cruz is definitely "playing his cards right" in not going too heavily against Trump. He would be an EXCELLENT veep and a Trump/Cruz could be a formidable combination against a Clinton/Sanders (oops, did I say that out loud? :rolleyes:) ticket. The best of the best against the worst of the worst...

With the previous thought in mind, I would also like to see the eventual Republican nominee select his cabinet "team" early! There are a lot of great candidates and it would be a shame to see all that talent "go to waste" or disappear from public view and service.

Although some people may have a chubby for Rubio, the only way I would vote for him is if he makes it into the finals. He left certain re-election to the US Senate to run for POTUS and it is very possible his seat could go Dumpocrap considering the changing demographics here in FL. There is NO good Rep. candidate yet and this was a state that was unable to find a decent candidate to go against that senile POS Nelson a few years ago...

Trump is fighting an uphill battle, while many people love him, both parties hate him. Running a company where you can fire people that won't bend to your will is one thing, working with a Congress that can tell you to go blank yourself with no repercussions is quite another. (I think Ron Paul would have faced similar issues as he did not fit the political norm). He definitely has a good head for business but he needs to realize the cost of risk and failure is lives in this arena, not just money and a building.

I think he will be popular with the people and probably be good with trade but I think he will butt heads with congress at every turn.

My biggest fear with him is that he is a businessman, he will continue to do what's best for business, not necessarily the people. If we do not stop outsourcing everything we will continue to fall deeper and deeper in to the abyss until we are like any other third world country. He is also not 100% with gun owners. He did make comments about banning "assault" weapons many years back.

I like a lot of what he has to say but I still don't believe I can truly take him seriously or that that is is the right man for the job. Is he better than Obama? Yes! Does he just suck less than the other candidates? Possibly. Would I vote for him over Hillary? In a heartbeat!!!

I'm tired of voting for the lessor evil, I want someone that inspires me and has the potential to be great. Trump has a little of that but whether his bite is as bad as his bark remains to be seen.

Although I love his ideas, and no bullshit attitude, which is what this country needs in leadership. Im not so sure he would be the best leader of the country. However, should he get elected, I think it will ceinately be an interesting 4 years.

IMHO There is NO good candidate yet , period.

We need the right version of brains and brawn and courage, to have a leader we can all follow.

I don't see it yet.

Trump comes on as NYC street brash, which plays well there, but not in more polite places. He seems honest to a fault which would let him lie convincingly to anyone.

I've been dealing with minor versions of him since I started in Engineering 40+ years ago. Building contractors and well-to-do developers are operating on the fringe of the rules, and typically avoid inconvenient legalities and moral issues in our Low-Bid contracting system.

It was always the negotiated jobs that went so well. Public works, being bid, invites lo-ballers who intend to make their profits by "working the system".*

Like Trump claims to do.

Cruz is too urbane to play to the seniors and the country folks. No party fringe voters would touch him IMO.

He strikes me as a Sales Rep from the Big Town, and he's sure purty on TV. He should be selling swamp land to yankees.

*as opposed to just doing an honest job efficiently and making an honest dollar. To be fair, it's very difficult to operate that way in our modern business climate, which focuses on short-term & not the future.

Last edited:
I think if trump will pickup Cruz for his VP, and if Cruz will accept, they can have a fighting chance to win. Cruz knows the game, Cruz is a constitutional scholar, he is smart and he is feared by the Dems. Trump does not know the system of the hill, but I love his non PC ways, and I actually think that he is what America needs right now, a guy that is not a politician, a guy that can not be bought, a guy that says what he thinks with no mouth filter. At first I thought no friggen way, but now, I am so fed up with the politically correct and left world mentality, that I want him and Cruz to form a team and run with the ball.
This country has been set back so far under the currant administration it makes me ill to think about it.
I will also not vote for anyone that will not support the constitution and take care of there own before writing checks to the world. I as well would like to see the USA stop funding the United Nations, unicef and any other world order organization.
Remember, middle aged and old white guys lives matter, and our previous generations are the ones that worked to get us to where we were, unfortunately, Obama has destroyed all there hard work.
time for this country to turn around and get back on track.
Cheers
Sincerely concerned.

I'm tired of voting for the lessor evil, I want someone that inspires me and has the potential to be great.

There's SO much win in that statment! Couldn't have said it better!

I want someone down to earth, that's smart... that is connected to the people of this nation and the basic prinicpals it was founded apon. A personality that demands respect... not out of fear, but out of charectar and wit. Somone that doensn't play into the polictical BS that has plagued both sides of the isle for so long.

I don't believe I've been alive long enough to have seen a President...or many politicians for that matter with those qualities.

As for this election... I'll take anyone over a Obama/Hillary/Bernie presidancy.

Unfortunately we are not that nation.
We elect based on popularity and TV looks. If Cruz was a Democrat he'd be a shoe-in with his looks and charm.

I really expect the Democrats to do another last-minute switcheroo, like the one that put O'bomba in the oval office.

I really expect the Democrats to do another last-minute switcheroo, like the one that put O'bomba in the oval office.
What switcheroo are you referring too? I don't recall any switcheroo in 2008. Who would they switch too when Hitlery seems to be controlling the democrat party at the moment?

The Democrats brought Obama out of the woodwork. He was totally unknown out here.

The switch will come when Hillary finally fux up so bad she becomes unellectable.

I'm tired of voting for the lessor evil, I want someone that inspires me and has the potential to be great.

This is so true that a "great" candidate has been lacking for several years. McCain? C'mon, give me a farking break! That was the best we could do? Romney was moderately better but unfortunately was TOO moderate!

Too many people didn't want to vote for ANY evil and stayed home, giving the MOST evil the win. And now we suffer... Like it or not, the Lesser of Two Evils is BETTER than the most evil... :( We MUST vote for the least likely to bring the US into destruction and oblivion--in other words--the LEAST evil. The MOST evil candidate is, without a doubt, Billerybeast! :eek:

He was totally unknown anywhere. I wish it had stayed that way. I think he only ran in 2008 to get his name out there for the future and his b.s. got him elected. I remember him driving the Clintons crazy because they thought they had a lock on it. I don't think the democrats have another tool like him in their shed. If they do they are doing all they can to keep it that way. Only Bernie Sanders seems to have any chance to bring her down and the party is doing all they can to make sure that Hitlery is the nominee.

I am not a big Trump fan other than I like some of his stirring up the pot by not being politically correct. This is one of the zingers I did appreciate from a tweet they had on Breitbart:

“Hillary said that guns don’t keep you safe. If she really believes that she should demand that her heavily armed bodyguards quickly disarm!”

I don't think anyone knows if Trump would make a good President or not. I think most of us could agree that he possesses the skill and mindset for leadership. He's proven that over and over in his career.

Two comments here really jumped out at me so far....@Bobster said "Nobama HAS paved the way for Trump to be more of a ruler IF he gets the job..." I think that is a legitimate concern given Trump's way of dealing in general. And, the fact that Obama has been able to circumvent the system when he thought it necessary.

@Water Monkey said "Donald Trump, to me, sounds like a one line machine on every topic." I think this is his style and I think it's indicitave of his arrogance. Which, can be both bad and good at the same time.

Do I think Trump would be good for Washington? Absolutely...just the enema the doctor ordered. Good for America? I'm not certain of that.

I've been thinking on how to answer this QOM. It is a long way from the time we will get to make a choice from the two morons left running for President. Will The Donald be one of them? I don't know...he is making a good showing now but so was the Queen C_ _ T before getting schlonged by Obama (love that description). It's a long road to haul between now and the conventions. The GOP is scared trump will bolt and make a run as an Independent, which I think will give an automatic win to the bitch. Should he come thru the primaries and caucuses I think he will give her a run for the money.

But she will definitely play the welfare card...in that if Trump wins everyone will be kicked off of welfare. We all know many people deserve to be on it but many more don't. They will fight tooth and nail to hang on to what they think they have "earned" and are entitled to (which is a far cry from what they actually deserve).

If any of the GOP runners have a chance I believe it is Trump or Cruz. If the two team up, which is unlikely, I think they will be hard to beat. Clinton belongs in hell for all her actions and inactions over the years. Unfortunately, I believe that she will send the country there before she makes it. I truly wish she would have an "Elvis" moment but, as I've been told many times over the years, you can't kill the Devil.

I'll vote for a meatloaf over Hillary.

That being said Trump has no details to his plans which means he's just a mouthpiece. I like Ted Cruz. Big fan. Donald Trump, to me, sounds like a one line machine on every topic.
You covered my thoughts well sir!

Back