• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month...(January 2016)

Well, again, I would be happier to see Trump win than any of the Democrats and most of the Republicans.

Sure he's a blowhard. Foghorn Leghorn was never so brash.

That makes him undiplomatic, but we have professional diplomats for that.

I'm sure he can lead, but I think too few will follow.

I believe that most of us agree that the US corporation is too big. Too many alphabet agencies running amock doing what they want.

If I were president, I would start the flush with the BLM and EPA entirely. Yep, right down to the janitors. Every single solitary one of them.

Since it's probably unlawful to do away with the alphabet agencies entirely, I would put a farmer or rancher in charge of the BLM and a coal miner in charge of the EPA. That should get them back on track to actually do what they're supposed to do instead of making up new reg's as they go. No more activist management positions.

I will vote for any of the Republicans over Billery... Cruz is my favorite..I think the Donald would be good at economic policies.. Not sure on foreign policy, although it seems like Putin respects him more than Obama.. But then again, he'd probably respect a house shoe more than Obama

I think the answer to both questions is no. Here are my (long-winded) reasons. [and I make no claim to be an expert -- I welcome any contradictory or critical responses]

a) Trump may well become the Republican nominee, but he'll find it difficult to win the general election. Not because Hillary is a better choice (she surely is NOT), but because Trump has succeeded in building a tremendous antipathy, even hatred, from Latinos and Muslims, and a general uneasiness and dislike among a majority of women and blacks. Yes, there are Trump supporters in all of those groups, but my guess is he's running about 35% or less approval in all those groups as a whole...and if I'm right, there is no easy way to surmount a 30% deficit in those areas (35% to 65%). At the moment, the only way I can see him winning is if there are enough Independent and Democrat gun-owners who will hold their noses, cross over, and vote for Trump.

b) Should he win the Presidency, he would have trouble working with Congress to pass legislation. I do believe he would actually try to keep his promises on a whole slew of issues. However, it will be a steep uphill battle trying to build consensus with a Congress made up of 80% establishment politicians on both sides of the isle. They hate him. I think the RINOs hate him even more than the Dem's. I'm not sure even the mighty Donald can accomplish very much until the Tea Party and other conservative blocs can dislodge the old-school politicians who care for nothing but lining their pockets and staying in office. He may be a great negotiator, but for him to win over the current members of Congress would be harder than convincing ISIS jihadists to put down their weapons and convert to Christianity. The one good thing will be that he can toss out all the Obama cabinet members and appoint some people with common sense.

offgrid, that is why it is important for trump and Cruz to team up. Trump Cruz votes, trump Hitlery. Cruz equals out trump and can and will get things accomplished in the hill. 8 years trump Cruz, then 8 years Cruz trump, rhinos take over the entire house and senate, this country is back on track.

offgrid, that is why it is important for trump and Cruz to team up. Trump Cruz votes, trump Hitlery. Cruz equals out trump and can and will get things accomplished in the hill. 8 years trump Cruz, then 8 years Cruz trump, rhinos take over the entire house and senate, this country is back on track.

They both see themselves as the alpha male right now. Neither will want to take a back seat, even if for the greater good. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

My fear is that if the Donald does not get a ticket to the big show he will run third party. While I would love to see a third party candidate win it all, I think there are still too many R's that do not support him and it will result in handing it over to Hillary. Cough, cough Ross Perot...

Regardless of what you think of Trump, if he gets the nomination you must vote for him. I have heard and listened to way too many conservatives state they wouldn't vote. If not, Hillary will be in and she could be worse than Obummer. Cruz would do well as the VP who could turn Trumps rage into some form of action and navigate the political runway.

I do believe Donald Trump could win. Why, because a lot of people are tired of the same 'ol *hit, no matter who or which party is elected. It appears he draws support from both sides. Could he be effective? Yes. If he has significant popular support, he could force congress into a lot of change.

That said, Ted Cruz is my preference. If Donald is it, then that's were we go. I see no other choice. Better than McCain I think.

Back