• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. July 2013

Does the fact that a brand of firearm is advertised on TV change your perception of the brand?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a new monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the later questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls....

Does the fact that a brand of firearm is advertised on TV change your perception of the brand?

(Please elaborate in your post.)

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement.
You are limited to 1 option.

Sorry I'm a lil late on this one folks, It was a crazy weekend.....

An ad on the telly - no matter what the program - would be VERY low on my list of turning my head to a specific firearm or related product!

Right, I have to admit I do like seeing them on tv advertised, even though it is not on mainstream TV. It makes a very small impact on my purchase though, but not enough to make or break it...

Gun adds on TV? Those exist? I choose my firearms on reputation and solid reviews from credible sources. Then of course any other first hand experience I have with a particular platform. I am a sucker for some name brand accessories though :)

I see em on the outdoor channel....

I think that a TV commercial cant change my mind positively as much as it can hurt it negatively. If they support certain groups or interest then I can see my views of the company changing. But maybe it's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If I see something that interests me then I will investigate it further. Check out reviews, models, etc. to see if it is something I would like. But the advertisement itself does very little to change an impression I may have. That would be like buying a car based on their commercial's claims...

I think most firearms manufactures rely on their reputation for customers ... which would lead me to believe that a company that has to advertise is hurting for sales... thus have an inferior product. Not always true, but something to think about.

Product reviews, real life feedback and friends/stores/people at the range that let me test fire their stuff has more of an influence on my buying decisions.

I guess upon pondering this,an ad might put it on my radar which would lead to more research so maybe indirectly...... But solely based on an add, no.

I don't see very many gun commercials but would prefer them to what we usually get. I do my best not to let advertising sway me especially on large and/or important purchases. Guns are in the category. I agree with LES too.

Nah. Not influenced by gun ads on T.V... because I've never seen one!
Word of mouth and research are the things that sell firearms.

Interesting that hardly anyone has seen a gun commercial on tv.

Looking at the results I see that it is really close :p

I have really only seen a handfull of firearms commercials on TV and while they might peak my interest I still do research on the web to see how the firearm actually performs.

Sometimes being pretty without brains can be a bad thing :)

ripjack13 said:
Interesting that hardly anyone has seen a gun commercial on tv.

Since they shuffled stuff around I don't see any hunting/shooting shows on TV any more. I can't justify upgrading my package and paying for all the other stuff just to get a couple of them. :(

Back