• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. July 2013

Does the fact that a brand of firearm is advertised on TV change your perception of the brand?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ripjack13 said:
I see em on the outdoor channel....

I have a few Outdoor type channels on my system and watch more than a few Hunting/Shooting shows regularly.

As for most of the brands of firearms that are promoted on the shows, the hunters use them on the show, and they are ALWAYS in the commercials, I find that most of them are what I would consider lower grade weapons that really need the advertising.

Now before I get slammed here from someone that swears by there Stoeger shotgun or anything comparable to it. Let me say that I speak from practical knowledge as to how well most of the cheaper brands of guns hold up. If not from personal experience then from friends that bought them.

I also know that Mossberg falls into the lesser priced brands ballpark but I own 4 of them so they must be DAMN good guns.

I do really enjoy the ads for NEW ammo coming on the market....now those I do pay attention to and am always willing to give it a try.

MikeD said:
ripjack13 said:
Interesting that hardly anyone has seen a gun commercial on tv.

Since they shuffled stuff around I don't see any hunting/shooting shows on TV any more. I can't justify upgrading my package and paying for all the other stuff just to get a couple of them. :(

If you have a dvr you can check out nbc sports channel. Usually in the am, or late night. dvr and watch em later, while having the ability to FF through the commercials. ;)

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30092015/

http://outdoorchannel.com/

http://www.mossyoak.com/the-brands/prod ... w-schedule

i do watch the sportsman channels. i enjoy the ads more than the shows. whether they effect my buying habits if i'm aware of it...if i am ,they're not doing what they're suppose to

Well....for me....$20 to FF through all commercials and record stuff whenever not to mention to be able to watch an entire season of a show at my leisure and in order....priceless.

ripjack13 said:
Well....for me....$20 to FF through all commercials and record stuff whenever not to mention to be able to watch an entire season of a show at my leisure and in order....priceless.

EXACTLY!

ripjack13 said:

I really don't watch enough any more to make it worth the investment. I only watch maybe one or two shows a week and not even those consistently. I will watch certain things online because I find it easier to multitask.

I've thought of building my own DVR...but that's more of just me being a techie. :ugeek:

Back on track though...if you DVR and skip the ads how do you see the gun ads? ;)

Only commercial ive seen on the outdoor channel is for the M&P maybe a Sig commercial.

Ive seen one other commercial for a gun shop and indoor range wich shocked me on a local channel other then that i dont remember any others.

I just kinda pay attention to what everyone else has and then research online. Thats how i make my decision

A well done commercial can influence what I think about a company in a positive way just as a poorly done one can give me a negative view. But a great commercial won’t cause me to buy what I know to be junk.

sluggercat said:
A well done commercial can influence what I think about a company in a positive way just as a poorly done one can give me a negative view. But a great commercial won’t cause me to buy what I know to be junk.

Exactly, you always need to do you own research and welcome to the forum from the great Show Me State :)

I voted no but I got to admit the Henry commercials made my want one

However, I like to see commercials about guns I currently own......weird

oli700 said:
I voted no but I got to admit the Henry commercials made my want one

However, I like to see commercials about guns I currently own......weird

Lol, it's that affirmation that you own that gun that now everyone is looking at... sort of like "Yeah... I was totally into Glocks WAAAYY before anyone hopped on the band wagon..." :lol:

I just a commercial for Winchester. I think it was for the 700....

Back