• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month...(July 2016)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer.

Will the Republican Party sell out the 2nd Amendment and if so, how badly?

NO....the GOP will NOT sell out the 2nd Amendment ...!!

Why would you think that...?!

I think they could if it were politically expedient. If sentiment turns hard against The Second they surely would. They're already allowing votes and even offering their own bills with tighter restrictions.

Name one other amendment with the same scrutiny and restrictions. Not to say others haven't already been trampled but not as overtly politicized. It would sound absolutely absurd if we talked about others the same way people are about The Second.

The elected leaders (also known as the protected class) have been crapping all over the constitution since the mid to late 1800's.

Regardless of amendment number.

I would like to fire every single person who works in Washington that is anything more than maintenance personnel or janitor. I have more respect for them than to let them go. They're the only ones that seem to work there.

Yes, they will sell it out if it means more money and power for themselves. They have not exactly been strong as a party in opposing new anti gun legislation else we would not have a lot of what we have now. Buy they won't do it overnight, it will be via incrementalism, they are smart enough to know a revolution will destroy what they have.

Yes, I believe they would in a heartbeat. They are politicians, period. They will do whatever they feel is justified to keep their place. Just sticking a label on them as to which way they lean does not define them or prohibit them from having the opposite opinion on issues. I've always thought that I was a (R) but I believe that a woman's right to have an abortion is her decision not the government's. Does that mean I'm not a (R)? Yes, there are some (R)'s that are as strong as concrete but there is an equal amount that sway with whatever breeze blows their way.

Look at the current nomination antics. Clearly, Trump is the nominee, elected by the (R) constituents of each state. But look at all the backdoor BS going on to block him. "We the People" have made our choice clear yet the politicians feel they can ignore our votes, rewrite the rules and make the outcome whatever they choose it to be (remember, they are "smarter" than us...that's why we elected THEM... :barf: ). So, I don't doubt for a second that the 2A is in danger from both sides of the political aisle...

Yes, they will sell it out if it means more money and power for themselves. They have not exactly been strong as a party in opposing new anti gun legislation else we would not have a lot of what we have now. Buy they won't do it overnight, it will be via incrementalism, they are smart enough to know a revolution will destroy what they have.

I agree with Mike....This....all day long.

I'm not sure what is meant by "sell out the 2nd Amendment." Does that mean outright repeal, or rewording, or reinterpretation, or restrictive legislation?

I'd say no repeal. [by either party]
I'd say no rewording.
Reinterpretation may be possible by SCOTUS. [as in Heller, but in the opposite direction]
Restrictive legislation? Yup.

I'm not sure what is meant by "sell out the 2nd Amendment." Does that mean outright repeal, or rewording, or reinterpretation, or restrictive legislation?
Any or all of the above.

Last edited:
If Trump wins, he will support the 2A.

He's said a few things contrary, but that's just politicing.

But if there's a lot of pressure to disarm America I think he will waver.

We have to prevent that.

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is by disarming the people, and making it an offence to keep arms". Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840.

"SO, therefore, know ye these tyrants by their profession to save the lives of the very plebians whom they beleaguer, in exchange for their pituful remaining weapons.".....
CaddmannQ.....2016AD

Also...I think Trump is feeling the pressure from every side. How many of those poor misguided terrorist snipers will be looking for him?

@Pajamas ...
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I agree with Mike....This....all day long.

I'll even go further...looking at the federal laws, NFA, Laws at the state level, etc, our right to guns has already be immensely INFRINGED upon.

Consider, the NFA restriction on short barreled shotguns was given as " they were not used by the military" ( The Army issued some 30,000 for trench warfare during WW-1). Now the current Administration doesn't want us to have AR-15s because they look like weapons used by the military.

Catch 22 . . . the second favorite weapon of aspiring tyrants?
There is no expectation or safety with freedom. Rights may be used for good or bad, but it is our choice....well it used to be.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by sword, because the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops". Noah Webster. Now why would anyone want to change that?

Back