1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Question Of The Month. (July 2019)

Discussion in 'Question of the Month' started by carbinemike, Jul 4, 2019.

1. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Howdy,
    This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls...

What was the worst modification that you ever made to a gun?
    meanstreak likes this.
  2. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

Added weight in my OU stock. Split my stock on the 40th something shot. It was an expensive lesson. FML.
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Cheapo Walmart scope. I thought I was going nuts with that thing.
    Never were the settings repeatable.
    meanstreak likes this.
  4. Pawpaw

Pawpaw .30-06 Supporter

I put a Kushnapup <link> bullpup conversion on a Saiga 20 gauge. I hate it. Imagine a shotgun with 90% of the weight behind the pistol grip. Handling it is clumsy as hell until you finally get it on your shoulder. And then there's the lack of a real trigger guard.

One of these days I need to put it back to it's original configuration, but my GAS quotient for the job is at sub-zero right now.
    meanstreak and John A. like this.
  5. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

In the spirit of disclosure, I did similar to an SKS. The bullpup stock and the SKS was a great combination and I have no issues with the quality of the stuff.

But magazine changes are more than painfully slow. It's probably the last gun that I would want to use for anything besides back yard plinking and having fun. For that, it's a fun gun. But I wouldn't want to use it for anything other.

I like the bullpup design. I just hate that the mag changes are so slow.

[​IMG]
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

I filed the connector on my saiga12 drum mag, and it doesnt fit now. So I had to buy a new drum. But I still have the other one. Just in case....
    meanstreak likes this.
  7. Tom396

Tom396 .30-06

I tried the 15 round Pro Mag magazines in my Hi Point 4095 carbine. I shouldn't have. Better to have just left well enough alone. Take care. Tom Worthington
    meanstreak likes this.
  8. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

I bought non Browing magazines for my 9mm Hi-Power. They were half price from the Browning mags. They would not feed pretty much anything. I removed the aluminum follower and smoothed the edges and polished it but it was no better.
    meanstreak likes this.
  9. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Cheap 33 round no name brand Glock Mag that will only hold 20ish rounds.

Close second would be the plastic mag extension tube for my 870. The threads were in a metal insert set into the end of the tube. They were not square and it never did feed properly without catching the follower;
    meanstreak likes this.
  10. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

I pretty much just leave all of mine the way I buy them. They seem to work best that way.