• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (June 2020) (Covid19 Vaccine)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls...

Would you be injected with a Covid19 vaccine if they released one?

Thanks go out to @MikeD for this months question.

Generally I avoid meds. I've gotten off of cholesterol treatments and let my wife feed me good stuff.
Vaccines? I'm not ANTI VAC at all. Had those to avoid polio, shingles and an Army shot record full of other unknown stuff.

But Covid? Hmmm. I'd probably be a second-wave guy at the earliest. More of a wait and see stance. I'll watch the reports for side effects and make an artfully-crafted-pseudo-scientific-wager/guess about actually getting poked.

I'm so old I figure that there is a 50% chance that my death date will be between 2026 and end of 2032. I'd be a lot more worried if I were a lot younger.

What do you kids think?

I don't take flu shots, so not likely.

My wife does and she probably will.

My wife is genetically susceptible to things that I am not.
She lost both parents and 3 siblings well before the age of 60.

I'm not an anti vaxer, per say, but no way do I want something thrown together in a few months without long term testing, esp given the misinformation being propagated during this whole 'pandemic'.

We were told Hydroxychloroquine was ineffective but now it comes out that the data was compromised. My assumption is because the patents have expired and there is no money to be made on it. Trump also pitched it which makes it instantly a bad thing.

We are pumping millions if not billions into research for a vaccine which may or may not work. We have a vaccine for the flu but it is only moderately effective as the strains change and mutate yearly and they only take a best guess as to which ones are going to be prominent. Even with the vaccine we still lose 30K-90K people every year to the it.

Pharmaceuticals are "for profit" entities. while the doctors doing the research are likely working their asses off for the good of the people, I believe the corporations are looking at the money they are getting for research which will later be a huge tax write-off, and an even bigger profit maker if they can be the first to patent the finished product. I am a science guy but when there are billions at state to be the first to get something to market, I believe they will cut corners etc. Vaccines permanently alter the immune response of your body, who knows what the hell they are incorporating into this to be the first to patent and profit from it.

These same corporations are on advisory boards, lobbying groups etc. Come fall when we will likely see a resurgence of the virus and they, i.e. the government and may private industries, will make it mandatory to get the vaccine to go to work, attend school, etc. They will demand cards or chips to prove you were vaccinated and to help with contact tracing. I have heard that there are some companies that have already stated that when the vaccine is available they will require their employees to get it to work. The whole concept of contact tracing is scary as hell and will be forced upon us whether we want it or not. I will refuse to enter a store or restaurant that requires me to sign in. I also have been leaving my cell phone home a lot more once I found that google has already installed the app on my phone. I have turned off permissions to location but does it really?

My feelings are that this is essentially another flu/pneumonia we will have to just live with it. If people want a vaccine go for it but those that do not should be allowed to opt out just as we do with the flue vaccine.

I find it interesting how politicized this has become and how fast it was replaced with another crises as soon as people started questioning everything en-mass. Funny how that always seems to be the case, once they realize people are losing interest in a crises they just replace it with another one. Just look at what has happened while all this is taking place, Hillary is going to be forced to testify regarding he emails, did anyone hear that one in the media?

I got my first flu shot at the age of 71. I don't think I'll be getting anymore. But I do appreciate the government offering me up for a test run, not.

I got my first flu shot at the age of 71. I don't think I'll be getting anymore. But I do appreciate the government offering me up for a test run, not.

Think some in the government, and others in private for profit sector, think us "old guys" are good candidates for experimentation and expendable if it doesn't workout so well. Have a couple of choice words for them!

Makes you wonder if someone would intentionally release a virus just to make money for researching and fielding a vaccine? Think we know the answer.

Regards

Last edited:
Back