• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month...(March 2016)

I'm maybe a little bi-polar because I couldn't choose between 2 versions of one movie.

Now if you got that multiple personality disorder thing I imagine you might post up to 8 movies an never worry about how that's a whole lot more than "your favorite".

So imagine that you had to pick JUST one or die horribly in a wild back lot zombie-movie makeup accident, and the whole thing would be up on you tube before the coroner had even checked your wallet.

:D

Last edited:
Best skeet shooting scene:
History of the World Pt. I

Mel Brooks as Louis XVI
images

images

Blackhawk Down,

ZULU,

Gladiator.....................In that order. First two are factual and fascinating the third fictional but so compelling.

I think Heat has to be one of my favs...great story line all the way through and the shootout and the ensuing pursuit was freakin' epic.

And I'll throw in We Were Soldiers...lots of bullets and explosions and napalm! Not to mention another great story from start to finish and a gut wrencher to boot.

I just don't get how Gladiator qualifies as a shoot-'em-up....

In the opening sequences of the film when they "unleash them hell" with the giant catapults and the hundreds of archers letting rip with longbows, I suppose that would qualify as "shoot 'em up" ?

No guns around in the world in those days but I sure as hell would not want to be on the receiving end of that little bombardment.

Best scene in the film was when Maximus slowly shoves the blade into Commodus's throat. Not a shoot em up scene but was nice to see a deserving case get what he deserved !

Last edited:
Saving Private Ryan...the sound effects alone put you on that beach and in every battle.

Fury...always had a thing about tanks and the men who lived and died in 'em...the battle scene at night with the green and red tracers

Heat...awesome story line and shootouts...great number of fine weapons used.

Resident Evil...and The Walking Dead...shootin' Zombies ( what could be better !? )

. . . giant catapults and the hundreds of archers letting rip with longbows, I suppose that would qualify as "shoot 'em up" . . . .

Not to me. A shoot'em up is a cowboy movie.

Not the same as a war movie at all.

War movies should be a different thread, but in that vein I did like Saving Private Ryan a lot.

All time favorite, Band of Brothers.

Recently, really diggin DareDevil on Netflix. Second season began today and I'm 4 episodes in. There's a new character many here would recognize.

I used to be a comic book junkie. I had an account at a local shop and they pulled the comics I followed for me as soon as they came in and would have them ready to go. I was never a Batman guy. I liked Havoc and Wolverine. X-men and DareDevil. The marvel comics stuff in movies hasn't always been at all good and has actually turned me off of modern wolverine. Netflix had done a pretty good job with this series so far even if its a little slow sometimes.

Back