• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (March 2020) (Virus Thread)

Based on my local grapevine, stores in poorer outlying areas still have paper products on the shelf. It's the City proper, and nicer areas like Clovis, that people (with money) are hoarding, and shelves are clean. Supplies are still flowing and our Amazon hub is hiring.

My next door neighbors [husband and wife] work at the Amazon hub here. Deliveries of [mostly Chinese] products is so slow they are sending pickers home w/ pay.

Store shelves are far from empty here but the typical run on TP, tissue and paper towel continues. Some stores are experiencing shortages of basics like flour and sugar. Fresh produce and dairy too, but those are usually locally supplied so I’d suspect those shortages will be short-lived. Meat depts are looking very well picked over. We managed to pick up everything we needed today without much trouble though.

We are just outside a major urban center and people are definitely still panic buying. We drove past Costco this morning to see what the parking lot looked like....busier than normal but no lineups out the doors or anything like that.

Remember the magic hankie trick? The magician pulls this endless line of silks out of his tiny hand?

I'm going into Walmart and the lady in front of me does that trick with the handy wipes. *FOOOF!* and she's got about 12 in 1 second.

Selfish people need to see themselves on TV. It's like they think outside the bubble of society.

Anyhow, I saw three 40ft trailers unloading goods in the back dock. It's not bad yet...

Remember the magic hankie trick? The magician pulls this endless line of silks out of his tiny hand?

I'm going into Walmart and the lady in front of me does that trick with the handy wipes. *FOOOF!* and she's got about 12 in 1 second.

Selfish people need to see themselves on TV. It's like they think outside the bubble of society.

Anyhow, I saw three 40ft trailers unloading goods in the back dock. It's not bad yet...
Yeah, they’re everywhere Cadd. There was a middle age couple a few hours from here that made the news for cleaning out their local grocery store meat dept. The news blurred their stupid, selfish-ass faces...I was hollering at the tv!!! LOL

Does anyone else feel like they are working toward marshal law step by step instead of just imposing it?

Our new Dem Governor has already said she is not ruling it out.

WTH is up with Trump already wanting to send people money. Shouldnb't we wait and see how bad it's going to get?

I don't want him to give me money I already gave to the Fed just so I can have the privilege of paying taxes on it a second time.

My work is suspending increases this year due to the virus and despite that we must work extra hours to get out stuff done in case we close......and even then will be required to work from home despite tha fact that we do not have remote access.

Anyone here officially trained in the use of respirators & hazmat gear? I am. I think @ripjack13 and prolly @Rossignol is also, there must be more here on MO that know exactly what I'm talking about and what a bunch of BOVINE SCATOLOGY (thanks Rossi lol) the government(s) are trying to feed us!

So, I just gotta vent a little here...I keep reading that facemasks including N95 disposable respirators among the general public are "NOT EFFECTIVE against COVID19" or other viruses.

Like this tweet from the US Surgeon General:

A tweet from Surgeon General Jerome Adams sums up the argument: “Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS! They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!”

Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS!

They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!
https://t.co/UxZRwxxKL9

— U.S. Surgeon General (@Surgeon_General) February 29, 2020

And, every time one of these big shot doctors gets a microphone in front of him/her they spew off about this...I'm sorry...I know they have a lot more university than me, but do they really think we are all that STUPID??? Simple logic would indicate that if "healthcare providers can't get them to care for sick people......blah blah blah" and they are necessary for them and vital to reduce risk then it would stand to reason that they are effective for everyone who has a face and breathes air???? I mean really??? WTH???

So let's see if I've got this straight...it's my fault for being prepared and having appropriate supplies and emergency equipment on hand and it's also my fault for buying a bit extra because our governments were too busy redecorating their offices and taking vacations on our tax dollars to bother to stock enough supplies for an event such as this???? Am I getting this right? They tell us to be prepared and experts have been warning of a worldwide pandemic for decades...but they decided to squander our tax dollars on lord knows what nonsense and then have the audacity to chastise the public for trying to protect themselves and their families???

Sheesh!! I hope some of these asshats get handed their pink slips after this is over. Not enough supplies??? The richest countries in the world don't have enough medical emergency supplies? Bloody tragic. Disgusting.

Anyone here officially trained in the use of respirators & hazmat gear? I am. I think @ripjack13 and prolly @Rossignol is also, there must be more here on MO that know exactly what I'm talking about and what a bunch of BOVINE SCATOLOGY (thanks Rossi lol) the government(s) are trying to feed us!

So, I just gotta vent a little here...I keep reading that facemasks including N95 disposable respirators among the general public are "NOT EFFECTIVE against COVID19" or other viruses.

A tweet from Surgeon General Jerome Adams sums up the argument: “Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS! They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!”

They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!

And, every time one of these big shot doctors gets a microphone in front of him/her they spew off about this...I'm sorry...I know they have a lot more university than me, but do they really think we are all that STUPID??? Simple logic would indicate that if "healthcare providers can't get them to care for sick people......blah blah blah" and they are necessary for them and vital to reduce risk then it would stand to reason that they are effective for everyone who has a face and breathes air???? I mean really??? WTH???

So let's see if I've got this straight...it's my fault for being prepared and having appropriate supplies and emergency equipment on hand and it's also my fault for buying a bit extra because our governments were too busy redecorating their offices and taking vacations on our tax dollars to bother to stock enough supplies for an event such as this???? Am I getting this right? They tell us to be prepared and experts have been warning of a worldwide pandemic for decades...but they decided to squander our tax dollars on lord knows what nonsense and then have the audacity to chastise the public for trying to protect themselves and their families???

Sheesh!! I hope some of these asshats get handed their pink slips after this is over. Not enough supplies??? The richest countries in the world don't have enough medical emergency supplies? Bloody tragic. Disgusting.

they are running out of masks cause the medical staff are treating the masks as single use items. See patient, discard mask, new mask new patient. I believe that’s the ROE with this virus at the moment.

If this SEVERE irrationality continues (ie: closures of all kinds), there will be far MORE people dead than if the manic panic did not happen. Suicide rates will skyrocket, death from stress-related ailments will climb, strong armed robberies will increase and home invasions will be more prevalent. I heard a blurb about the unemployment rate could rise to 20%! :eek: WTF! :mad: Disgruntled people now without a job will commit more mass shootings than ever before. Then they DEFINITELY will be coming for your guns! :eek:

Case in point: I honestly don't recall ANY such extreme measures with N1H1 back in 2009-2010. No mass-hysteria that I recall, how about you? I don't know anyone that succumbed to it. Officially it was about 2500 but they "estimate" it was more like 13,000. 36,000 died from the flu in the same period.

Here is what I believe we should do and I don't want to sound callous but think of it as educated realism. Let's just go back to normal lives with basic precautions. Many people MIGHT die from the virus if it isn't fully contained but I honestly don't think it can be 100% contained and will just resurface in another form, anyway. When the vaccine gets here we'll get vaccinated and move on. I am far more concerned about the economic destruction being forced upon us by a unreasonable manic panic media in coordination with a gov't trying to get re-elected. And I'm not just talking about Trumpy, I'm talking about both parties. There are pussies on both sides of the aisles in Federal, State and Local governments. There is NO good solution and I think US-born citizens are a hardy folk and can get the virus and MAYBE get a little sick and in turn become IMMUNE to CV and probably any variants that spawn from it. That quack Fauci needs to shut the **** up! :mad: Some must die so the rest can live and the sooner it happens, the better off the rest of us will be. Shutting down the world will have much greater big picture consequence down the road. We are all dying--every second brings us closer to the inevitable and people need to enjoy life and quit worrying about death.

PS: and illegals crossing the border are being fed and taken care of better than our homeless vets are.

PPS: and keep in mind that China supplies the US with many vital meds which are now in short supply. We need to start manufacturing EVERYTHING here in the interest of National Security!

Last edited by a moderator:
WM you are certainly correct. And I guess I lost my mind a bit while writing my rant...lol. But that was part of the point I was making. These damn assclowns didn’t do their job and prepare adequately for a catastrophic pandemic. Can you imagine if this virus had a higher mortality rate?

Bobster is also correct. I agree at the overblown media panic campaign. I can only hope we don’t see deep economic impacts. That could truly get ugly.

I’m not overly concerned for myself or my wife and daughter. It’s my old Dad. I don’t want to bring it home to him. He’s 83 and a smoker for over 40 years. This virus would be his end...of that I have little doubt. I’m taking precautions mainly for his sake.

So, I just gotta vent a little here...I keep reading that facemasks including N95 disposable respirators among the general public are "NOT EFFECTIVE against COVID19" or other viruses

I am trained.
They actually will keep it from spreading... if you have it.
If you really want to keep from getting it, wear one like this....
image-2020-03-18-22-24-50.jpeg

I think keeping businesses afloat is a national problem, hence the govt check handout. If people aren't spending, businesses don't pay the bank. Banks hate that. Trump, and me , and probably many of you all have money in financial interests. Without the handouts we could have another mortgage crisis. Then the checks would go to the bankers etc, and people would be evicted. I think Trump has avoided that, unless this "crisis" runs to 90 days+.

I'm looking to put money in durable goods. That go bang. But I doubt I'll get any freebie money.
I quit smoking in 2008, but I don't have 100% lung function. I do have oxygen in the garage for emergencies (and welding).

I'm avoiding my grandkids for the immediate future.

Certainly hope any financial assistance to large businesses will be conditional upon bring production back to the U.S.

This crisis must become a wake up call to all Americans. We can no longer rely on offshore production of critical goods and, just as importantly, services.

Politics aside, it's time for the country to unite in this effort.

Regards

I did have hazmat training years ago. Full moon suit, and supplied oxygen respirator. And also fit tested and provided a air filtering respirator. Unfortunately I have no access to any of that equipment.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Burning through bourbon lol

May have to hit the store tomorrow to replenish my liquid freedom.

reading up on the stimulus package proposed by the Senate Republicans.

effing Monopoly money at this point.

smoke em if you got em

Yep. I heard about that Tuesday.

I miss Governor Bevin so bad.

I'm not saying that he wouldn't do the same thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if we all don't get locked down with curfews and everything else like other countries pretty soon, but if this goes on for as long as they expect that it's going to, it will be worse than the zombie apocalypse.

Here's one thing that I've been thinking about. Most flu virus' usually stop as it gets warmer in the year. But, my wife works with a team of folks from the Phillippines and they're all on lockdown.

The thing with the Phillippines is their low temp this week has been 78* F with highs of 87*F.

That means that this virus is not acting like a typical flu virus. Otherwise, those in the Phillippines would already be in the clear of it.

Just something for you guys to think about. I still think this escaped from their bio weapon lab. Not much would cause me to change my mind at this point.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK. Just thinking out loud here.

Surgeon general says that N95 masks aren't effective at protecting the public from the virus.

Yet in the very next sentence he says that it takes away from healthcare workers from having them.

OK, color me stupid here and perhaps it's just because I don't have 8 years of doctor education, but if the masks aren't effective to keep me and my family safe, why in the hell does he want them for healthcare workers?

Back