• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (March 2020) (Virus Thread)

WM I think you are right abiut a national shutdown.

My future son in law is in the National Guard and just spent 3 weeks at Ft. Indiantown Gap for training. He said the state guard is mobilizing now. He could be called up too.

Meanwhile PA's governor Wolf has decided that starting tomorrow they will begin making sure businesses are closed using the following for "law enorecment". Only the State police aretrained in real aw enforcement.
  • Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board
  • Department of Health
  • Department of Agriculture
  • Pennsylvania State Police
  • Local officials, using their resources to enforce closure orders within their jurisdictions.

we are on track with Italy’s response. It’s inevitable. Trying to stall the hospitals from being overwhelmed.

Orlando has a curfew, 11-5. No curfew in my county yet not that I will be obeying it. My shop is about 10min from my house and I generally don't come in contact with anyone, anyway. I usually work nights as it is cooler.

I modified this cartoon--perhaps it will apply? ;)

I think ServPro is the one offering the car-cleaning service. From a local FB post.

Dem. Ranch will sell you a T-shirt with the "come and take it" on it... :)

stimparts2.jpg

cleancar.JPG

taketp.JPG

@Water Monkey - You're a good man...errr monkey, whatever you make me proud brother. :cheers:

This is getting very real for a lot of people all over North America. Whether the virus is what its claimed to be is beside the point now. Some people have been off work coming up on more than 2 weeks and some will be or are already running out of funds. The store shelves everywhere are bare of essentials. We are constantly re-assured that the supply chain is in good shape but I'd beg to differ when going on 2 weeks I see it getting it worse not better.

An observation which may mean nothing or may mean everything, I made an overnight trip to our cabin yesterday just to check on the place and saw hardly a big rig anywhere on the highway. This isn't some backwoods highway, I'm talking the Trans-Canada heading in/out of one of the larger ports on the west coast of our continent.

Being a trucker for nearly 25 years (my own stupid fault), I expect to see reefer loads of groceries headed up or down the road and fellas putting in tons of OT just trying to get the goods to the stores. But that just wasn't the case. Coulda just been the weekend. I don't know...or maybe I do, only too well. I've done dedicated hauling for retail stores, it's a shake-your-tail business and get the goods to the stores or no one earns a dime.

Anyone else have any insights?

Last edited:
I’m seeing a slight restock of items locally. Meats some paper goods and dairy and sugar. But that was at a smaller food market. Less people at the market. Picked up some cold cuts, chicken breast for cutlets and Mountain Dew.

I’m seeing a slight restock of items locally. Meats some paper goods and dairy and sugar. But that was at a smaller food market. Less people at the market. Picked up some cold cuts, chicken breast for cutlets and Mountain Dew.
My daughter works at a small organic market in the city, she’s bringing home bits and pieces from there. Sometimes getting the odd item we just can’t find elsewhere.

I haven't ventured out since Friday, but the stock of food was generally good.
I don't expect to need to go out again, for a few days. We are OK on supplies, but I do miss seeing the grandkids.
They've been expecting to go fishing, and it's just out of the question.

I feel for the folks who are still having to work, have kids and elderly parents.
Absent the fear of contagion, it's a cake walk for us, so far . . .

19 counties in Oklahoma have known cases. Those 19 are being singled out for the strictest rules, not sure how that will work out. Just keeping busy at home and going out only when necessary.

Folks in resort towns say the tourists won't stay home. They are spreading germs and buying out the small local stores.
Residents are asking for road blocks, ID checks, and have threatened to slash tires of visitors!

Now, HOW the holy EFF do they leave then? They're stuck in your town! With germs and flat tires!

I hope I don't see that idiocy today.

Our 3 year old developed a fever Monday. No coughing, no difficulty breathing. We used the video doctor offered through Anthem. They basically said the fever will last a few days, and unless she has difficulty breathing we just have to wait it out. So although still considered an essential employee I opted to stay home from work. None of the other 6 of us are having any symptoms. So I'm pretty confident it's not the C.

Wife has been working from home since last week. As an HR manager shes dealing with a lot of extra workload.

On the bright side, I've been getting lots of small projects accomplished around the homestead

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Our 3 year old developed a fever Monday. No coughing, no difficulty breathing. We used the video doctor offered through Anthem. They basically said the fever will last a few days, and unless she has difficulty breathing we just have to wait it out. So although still considered an essential employee I opted to stay home from work. None of the other 6 of us are having any symptoms. So I'm pretty confident it's not the C.

Wife has been working from home since last week. As an HR manager shes dealing with a lot of extra workload.

On the bright side, I've been getting lots of small projects accomplished around the homestead

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Hope the baby gets better! Hate it when my little one gets sick!!!

@Water Monkey just wondering how you and your family are doing?

Canada has 6228 confirmed cases and 63 deaths to date. The authorities here are not testing everyone with symptoms; And are telling people to self isolate with no medical oversight. So going by what we’ve heard from numerous epidemiologists about transmission rates I’d guess our total cases is actually closer to a half million countrywide.

Don’t know if any of you have heard this one but we’ve heard that for every infection, that person will transmit to an average of 4 more and so on.

Going by that rate, if you went off of our total number of confirmed cases the number would be over 1.5 million.......

@Water Monkey just wondering how you and your family are doing?

Canada has 6228 confirmed cases and 63 deaths to date. The authorities here are not testing everyone with symptoms; And are telling people to self isolate with no medical oversight. So going by what we’ve heard from numerous epidemiologists about transmission rates I’d guess our total cases is actually closer to a half million countrywide.

Don’t know if any of you have heard this one but we’ve heard that for every infection, that person will transmit to an average of 4 more and so on.

Going by that rate, if you went off of our total number of confirmed cases the number would be over 1.5 million.......

still in lock down. Family plotting to kill me.

went to the store Friday night and a lot was stocked back including meats and water.

many church members and families have the virus. Haven’t heard anyone I know of dying from it.
FB Video of a hospital in Brooklyn showed no long lines like it was reported. I think the overall death rate of this is over hyped. It’s probably extremely contagious. But I’ve been dodging it with masks and gloves when I go out so far.

my immediate family are safe and healthy.
Thanks for asking!

As of yesterday Oklahoma was at close to 500 cases and 16 deaths. Tulsa is under stay at home orders unless you have essential travel needs. Grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, and hardware stores are all ffopen for business at this time.

Last Wednesday I did go to Lowes for about 15 minutes. They were no busier than usual and people were giving one another space. I also drove to the post office one time to mail a package. I was the only customer, and when I got back in the car I used a disinfectant wipe on my hands.

We have got some work done around the house and the yard. All in all it's not too bad so far.

A church member was diagnosed with Covid19 and is being placed on a respirator. Prayers to him and his family.

Back