• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. May 2014

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the later questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls...this one is just opinions only. Yours...There is no real correct answer and no real wrong answer.....

What Are "Your" Five Most Iconic Firearms?

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement. :D

Thompson SMG
M1 Garand
AK and derivatives
AR and derivatives
M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle

All these stand out as pivotal (at least to me) as wartime firearms and prevalent in all modern wars. Or it may be just because all have been used in just about every war movie I've ever seen. ;)

Uhmmmm. 1911, lee Enfield 303 ,colt peacemaker , browning m2,m1 garand wow so hard to pick just 5 great question to get you thinking that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winchester 1894 ( need to have a John Browning lever gun on my list)
Browning Hi-Power
Thompson SMG
M1 Garand
M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR)

Mossberg 835
AK47
Mosin Nagant
Saiga 12

In no particular order either....

My top five BRITISH icons are...............

Webley .455 revolver, as in the film ZULU a true story. Man those British Officers did some damage with those old Webleys !

The Lee Enfield .303 rifle in all its marques.

The BREN GUN in both calibres .303 and 7.62. AWESOME firepower, accuracy and reliability.

The STEN 9mm submachine gun. Cheap and easy to produce, it got the job done too.

And finally last because it deserves to be as it is an icon of GARBAGE is the SA80 rifle. Complete and utter CRAP !

Then there is the American ones, the German ones etc etc.

@LAZY EYED SNIPER .....no Beretta on the list!!??

You only gave me room for five!

As much as I like the 92, I had to give it to Glock. "Iconic" to me represents a visual identity. What do I see most and is most easily identifiable? Police, military, at the range, hell even in movies Glocks are everywhere. Maybe it'd have been different 25-30 years ago, but these days Glocks are much more prolific than the 92...

Nice pick.....
changed the world, cant really leave it off any iconic list, even if it is only 5 guns long......had to forfeit some other real icons to fit it in.....no one ever gives it credit for where we are today with rifles

You only gave me room for five!

"Iconic" to me represents a visual identity. What do I see most and is most easily identifiable? Police, military, at the range, hell even in movies Glocks are everywhere. Maybe it'd have been different 25-30 years ago, but these days Glocks are much more prolific than the 92...
that's funny, I agree Glock is an icon but for a complete different reason .
Its simply the firearm that made people accept plastic frames, that was a huge huge deal .
I guess not for people who got into firearms after Glock introduction because that would seem normal to them, but for folks into firearms before Glock was on "TV" a plastic frame seemed impossible........huge deal

@oli700 I'm also suprised that the CZ 75 didn't make your list;)

Five is really not enough, can we do ten????:D

@oli700 I'm also suprised that the CZ 75 didn't make your list;)
yeah, it would technically have to go to the High Power from which the 75 was derived, the 75 is not a clone but it is an improvement, a 1911/High Power hybrid with better ergo's .......following the guides of "icon"......the 75 is a legend

Five is really not enough, can we do ten????:D
then it would be easy, the point of 5 is the challenge

Last edited:
yeah, it would technically have to go to the High Power from which the 75 was derived, the 75 is not a clone but it is an improvement, a 1911/High Power hybrid with better ergo's .......following the guides of "icon"......the 75 is a legend

then it would be easy, the point of 5 is the challenge

Look, I'm frum 'Murica, I like stuff to be easy... readily available and with large fries on the side!

Back