• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question of the Month. November 2014

There's no storage requirements for USA either. However, with the study of home invasions... many times it's faster than you can run to the gun. The pistol on me is for that instance. Actually, we had a home invasion near where another member here lives... 3 guys overpowered the wife and the husband in seconds when the wife opened up the door.

There's no storage requirements for USA either. However, with the study of home invasions... many times it's faster than you can run to the gun. The pistol on me is for that instance. Actually, we had a home invasion near where another member here lives... 3 guys overpowered the wife and the husband in seconds when the wife opened up the door.

Had a few push in and a kick in last week in Farmingdale(15 mins away)

Desperados out there.

Always something within an arms reach. ;-)

Opening the door was a mistake.

Thet may get in but it wont be through my doors.

Sent from my Barnett Raptor using alien technology

Absolutely, better to have a weapon that is IMMEDIATELY accessible.

Certainly with regard to the stopping power issue no handgun comes close to a shotgun, however it isn't very practical to be walking around with a shotgun hence the reason why Police Officers and CCW permit holders carry a pistol.

On saying that here in Europe and just like our friend above cmcdonald says in Canada there are legal restrictions on walking around with a pistol strapped on.

I just wish our gun laws were the same here as the U.S.

Would have to say of the two choices above, the shotgun. Only because the shotgun is the most readily available to me...marginally easier access. With our "safe storage" laws...makes using any firearm for home/self defense very precarious at best. Ammo and firearm must be locked up separately and handguns are sooo heavily restricted here. So, both from a legal and logistical standpoint...not cool.

So, I have to say overall...whatever I can get my hands on is the top of the list!! Yay Canada!!
:(

Well at this present point in time I am stuck in old nanny state England at least until February next year. NO GUNS for me here.

So I have had to improvise. A Jaguar 175lb Crossbow, a Tomcat 80lb pistol crossbow and a Gladius machete. I feel a lot safer at home in Spain.

old mossy~

Lemme guess...

You took that photo just minutes after you got the matress mounts installed. The imprint of the shotgun where you used to keep it on the bedroom carpet is still pretty evident! Hahhhaaahhaaa.

Man, that light pipe is awesome, dude.

As has been said... I like having options. So my home defense is as layered as it can be. But the first thing I'll grab will be the G19. If circumstances call/allow for it... I'll move on to the 590. The AR15 will be utilized if threats happen to be in numbers and at distances where the 590 looses it's inherent advantages.

This has been an interesting thread. My preference would be to have the Mossberg because home defense was a main reason I bought it. That said, depending where I am in the house, a handgun is often within much closer reach during daylight and early evening hours. After bed time the Mossberg is coming out. If none of the above is within reach I'd have no problem grabbing the little 10/22 carbine and BX25 magazine for home defense.

Back