• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (November 2018) (Shockwave)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls.

Will you buy a Mossberg Shockwave or Brand R version, why or why not?

I'm unlikely to buy either. I'm just not seeing a realistic use. If I want something compact, I have a .223 bullpup, or a 10.5 inch braced pistol. If I want the power of a 12 ga. I'd just as soon be able to shoulder and control it a little better. If I want a smaller, lighter 12 ga. then I'll get a single shot break action.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

No, No. I don't need another shotgun. I really don't like the stockless config of the SW very much. That said w/o ever having fired one. I could change my mind. Invite me to shoot yours and we'll see. :gimme5:

I'm not inclined to purchase either. Especially not the Remington, although Rem's semiauto version does appeal to me a little more than the pump does.

But for what Remington is asking for the tac1100 or whatever they call it, I could just buy a semi auto shotgun and register it as a short barrel shotgun and still save money using my own hacksaw.

Shockwave fits our needs perfectly. We carry one on our tractors, in the jeep and on foot when working in the woods. Threats include black bears, cougars, coyotes, bobcats, etc. The raptor grip really makes this weapon user friendly especially when using 00 buck and Brenneke Black Magic slugs. Great work gun.

Maybe, just for the novelty.

It really serves no practical purpose for me. I have other options for HD, SD etc that I view as better.

Probably not. I have a Maverick with a 22 inch barrel in 20 ga. And an 870 Remington with a 21 inch barrel in 12 ga.. However, a Stoeger coach in 12 ga. Has had my eye for a while if I were to get another shotgun.

Oh yeah, the stoeger coach guns are handy little things.

I saw one a while back cut to 18 inches and dang, it was "all that and a bag of cookies"

Not to get off topic but, Stoeger NOPE NEVER.
I know 2 people that had them.
1 would fire both barrels with one trigger pull.
The other was a Home Defense model. After cleaning it, my friend loaded the gun, closed the action and blew a hole in his living room wall.
If you still want one....go for it.
I will never own one.

Thanks for the input LTB, I had not heard of any incidents like that. That would certainly be a deal breaker.

Not to get off topic but, Stoeger NOPE NEVER.
I know 2 people that had them.
1 would fire both barrels with one trigger pull.
The other was a Home Defense model. After cleaning it, my friend loaded the gun, closed the action and blew a hole in his living room wall.
If you still want one....go for it.
I will never own one.
I remember you posting this in a Stoeger thread a while back...it's why I don't have one.

As for the topic at hand, I can't see buying a Shockwave with the 18" Mossberg I already have. I like the barrel length but want a stock with it...NFA.

this-is-how-much-i-care-about-that-whole-benghazi-thing-next-question-please.jpg

Back