• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month...(September 2015)

It is true it's not actually being rewritten, but it is being eroded little by little...two examples...
California...and Connecticut, where I live. They are making it far to complicated to own a weapon as well as aquire one for us law abiding fellas.
Connecticut is the un-constitution state....
Thank you for understanding what I was getting to about the Constitution being changed without most people believing its happening by new laws that are worded to go around the parts of the Constitution to slowly strip Constitutional rights. Sorry to hear what's going on in your home states, but that's how they roll out the test slowly in a few states as a test to see how it goes over with the people then if they succeeds they add a few more states, etc..

Read a story tonight about a 11 year old girl In Montana that shot 2 intruders in her home, fatally.
All could think is that in my terrible state, I would be in jail looking at murder charges and a law suit from the deceased family unless I had video of the intruders threatening my life as a Supreme Court justice was there to witness the threat , and I could prove I did everything in my power to escape without killing the fine upstanding criminals of society.
My state sucks, the liberal mindset of Los Angeles and San Francisco have completely taken my home state and flushed it down the toilet.
How do you up and leave a place where you have family, a business and property. Please let me know if you have the answer to my last question.

You have to decide what your priorities are. You need to decide what is more important--living where your family is and may have always lived or picking up and starting over elsewhere. Businesses pack up and move everyday as do families. Consider yourself lucky if you are actually in a position to do that. Many families today would love nothing better than to move to a different city, state, planet but don't have the resources.

One downside to moving to another state is you have no idea what the political climate will be there in 5, 10, 20 years--just as you can't predict what California will like in the same timeframe. You could join the political fracas and try to change things from within but that is a long, frustrating road to walk.

Read a story tonight about a 11 year old girl In Montana that shot 2 intruders in her home, fatally.
All could think is that in my terrible state, I would be in jail looking at murder charges and a law suit from the deceased family unless I had video of the intruders threatening my life as a Supreme Court justice was there to witness the threat , and I could prove I did everything in my power to escape without killing the fine upstanding criminals of society.
My state sucks, the liberal mindset of Los Angeles and San Francisco have completely taken my home state and flushed it down the toilet.
How do you up and leave a place where you have family, a business and property. Please let me know if you have the answer to my last question.
Hello, please read up on your states "castle doctrine law" a lot of good information for you on this. Your state does not have the "stand your ground law" .With the castle doctrine law a few parts of stand your ground was incorporated in the castle law, you do not have to retreat when a person enters your home unlawfully, you can use deadly force in your state. Please read about this law in your state for all the details so you are fully informed of what you can do if you or your family had of been this girl in your state. In my state of Ga. we have the "castle doctrine and the stand your ground laws" It covers your home, vehicle and place of work. I checked Montanas laws and its about the same as Ga. having both laws together. I can't help but think what would have happen to this young girl if her parents didn't have a firearm in the home and the parents have taught their daughter about the use of firearms from just what I read about it, "thank the Lord".

Last edited:
How do you up and leave a place where you have family, a business a if you have the answer to my
I know most of the members on this site know if their state has the "castle law and stand your ground law". If you don't please look into to it to know your rights to legally use deadly force. Until I researched Ga. where I live I wasn't aware it also applied to your vehicle's and place of employment.

Last edited:

Well brother....it's not easy the first time you do it....I did it 2x's...

Not one word has been added. Not one word has deleted. The Constitution is not being rewritten. The election of 1860 gave us Abraham Lincoln. Elections gave us the Roosevelts. In 1980 Ronald Reagan was elected. 2016 elections will start to return this great United States back to the people. The same people you believe are incompetent. Sad.

JimN, I'm curious what you are seeing that leads you to believe the 2016 elections will return the US back to the people?

No it is not easy at all, but the USA is heading in a direction a lot of us people with family's to protect will be doing the same thing. My wife and I have started awhile back looking for land way away from city's up higher on the mountains. Good luck to you and your family and my God guide you to a safer place for your family. There is so much I now and feel about whats comeing that a lot I don't even tell why wife about, mainly because I don't think she can comprehend how our government is driven and controlled buy the power to be and they are controlled by the most purest evil the Bible warns his people about.

JimN, I'm curious what you are seeing that leads you to believe the 2016 elections will return the US back to the people?
I'm sorry if speaking out of line but I truly believe Obama is setting the stage and will do something to stop the 2016 elections and he has no plans of leaving the Whitehouse. This thing with the Pope coming to the USA and meeting with Obama and yesterday they all including the Pope have the UN meeting in New York was not for the Pope just to come visit the US theres something going on behind the scene's and will find out later what it was and it not going to be peace and harmony for all.

I'm sorry if speaking out of line but I truly believe Obama is setting the stage and will do something to stop the 2016 elections and he has no plans of leaving the Whitehouse. This thing with the Pope coming to the USA and meeting with Obama and yesterday they all including the Pope have the UN meeting in New York was not for the Pope just to come visit the US theres something going on behind the scene's and will find out later what it was and it not going to be peace and harmony for all.

You aren't speaking out of line. Please feel free to post your opinions. I like reading what others think. That's why I asked JimN what he was thinking from his vantage point on the world.

I'm sorry if speaking out of line but I truly believe Obama is setting the stage and will do something to stop the 2016 elections and he has no plans of leaving the Whitehouse.

I've mentioned this exact thing, (ie: Nobama creating a "crisis" in order to stay in office :eek:) either here or another forum. I do believe I would seriously consider going rogue at that point... :cool:

I suppose I am lucky and/or blessed to live in a state with a "strong" Castle Doctrine, SYG and somewhat sensible gun laws. Now if I lived in a state that was more restrictive about gun ownership, I would probably have a fleet of homebuilt guns (ie: 80% ARs) and hi-cap mags as well as lotsnlots of ammo, capable of supplying trustworthy neighbors should the SHTF, not that I do or don't already... ;) The important thing here is NOT to tell ANYBODY about them, even your "online" friends, even if we do seem like decent guys and gals. Resist the urge to show off your goodies, especially if not allowed in your state. What people don't know won't hurt you. o_O I know many people who have "accidentally" lost restricted firearms off their boat while fishing--wink, wink, say no more, say no more...

PS: and the level of non-compliance regarding NY and CT "assault weapon" registration is something like 80%!!! A law that makes a "criminal" out of a law-abiding citizen is NOT a just law! :(

I really wish the Republicans would tone down their rhetoric--it almost seems they are TRYING to lose the election! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

My problem is that I have a business that is very specialized, I have a following and do not look for work, it comes my way. What I do, I will not be able to survive in a small rural area where I would like to be. 8 more years, I shut it all down, sell my real estate and move to Mount Pleasant Tn, where I purchased 20 acres of land. My plan is to build a 800 sq ft house and a 3500 sq ft shop to tinker in.
Let's just hope that I can hold on that long and that the SHTF doesn't happen before then.

8 more years?....I need 15 more before I can go...rats.

I may have to have LES consult as how to set up the compound. I was thinking a moat with HIV alligators , laser beams on motion sensors, 50 cal turret on the house, covered pits with sharp rebar. Don't forget the welcome to free candy land Sign out front.

Hello, please read up on your states "castle doctrine law" a lot of good information for you on this. Your state does not have the "stand your ground law" .With the castle doctrine law a few parts of stand your ground was incorporated in the castle law, you do not have to retreat when a person enters your home unlawfully, you can use deadly force in your state. Please read about this law in your state for all the details so you are fully informed of what you can do if you or your family had of been this girl in your state. In my state of Ga. we have the "castle doctrine and the stand your ground laws" It covers your home, vehicle and place of work. I checked Montanas laws and its about the same as Ga. having both laws together. I can't help but think what would have happen to this young girl if her parents didn't have a firearm in the home and the parents have taught their daughter about the use of firearms from just what I read about it, "thank the Lord".
I many states, even those with Castle Doctrines, it is illegal to leave a firearm available to a minor. Despite her having saved her own life, the parents could still be looking at severe felonies if this had happened elsewhere. The laws are convoluted state-to-state. NY's Cuomo is back on his anti-gun agenda after one of his lawyers was shot and killed. If this 11 yr old had lived in NY both parents would now be locked up.

I expect things to get much worse. My encounters with people begging, trying to bum stuff off me, etc has increased immensely as of late. Also the amount of break ins in my neighborhood is increasing drastically and they are getting bolder (not just hitting homes when they are empty), and things aren't even that bad yet.

I'm not as prepared as I probably should be. But does anyone ever feel totally prepared? There is always something more we can do or acquire that will help.

Back