Question Of The Month. (September 2017)

Discussion in 'Question of the Month' started by carbinemike, Sep 2, 2017.

1. carbinemike

carbinemike Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

Howdy,
    This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the later questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls...

Continuing the theme of the August question regarding gun laws that need repealed and replaced:

Will the Republican Congress send any pro gun legislation to President Trump before the window of opportunity is closed?
    ripjack13 likes this.
  2. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Forum Moderator Supporter

Suppressor. Maybe.

Reciprocity of CCW will die and Republican Party will vote against it.

Watch. As long as POS RINOs like McCain and Ryan still hold office.
    LTB45, carbinemike and ripjack13 like this.
  3. Scoop

Scoop .308

It's difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.
    -- Multiple attributions including Mark Twain and Yogi Berra

Far be it for me to predict what Congress will do. My predictions are based on reasonable behavior, but it it unreasonable to expect Congress to act reasonably. [--Scoop]

My expectations are that any legislation will be severely flawed and have unintended consequences that will have us wringing our hands and screaming into our pillows.

If I were a congress critter, I would dedicate my service to removing bad laws.
    carbinemike likes this.
  4. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

Trump will probably try once he has some Leverage. Right now he has improved the economy, but otherwise his leverage is weak.

If they can improve the tax situation, & tben the economy takes a big jump, & everybody's paying taxes on new income, and he doesn't have to cut all the social programs, THEN I think he will have the Leverage.
  5. OhioArcher

OhioArcher Where's da fishes? Forum Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

No. There is too much on the table that overshadows the gun control argument. Unless something happens that retriggers the debate I fear that nothing will happen.

That being said, if CA succeeds in its appeal on its controversial magazine confiscation then it is possible that we will see a significant change during this administration. But even if Trump issues a Executive Order it could be changed at the next presidential election.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  6. Jmm14534

Jmm14534 .223 Supporter

No. They seem to be bogged down in other crap at the moment.
  7. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

I thought got an email from FPC, which said a Calif judge threw out the confiscation order.

I can't find the thing now so maybe I miss read it?
  8. Pawpaw

Pawpaw 20g Supporter

9. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Unfortunately, it is my opinion that the majority of Congress, regardless of whichever party is in charge, are by and large puppets and cowards who couldn't stick their thumb up their own _ _ _ without help from someone else.
  10. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

The opposite of progress is congress.

They will continue to do whats in THEIR best interest, which usually does not include loosening of gun laws. This is especially true when the people are feeling very pro-America. That type of attitude does not help forward their globalist ventures.

If we get anything it will be a feel good nothing change to make people think they are getting something. Hate to be a downer but these people are not working for the betterment of the average American.
    John A. likes this.
  11. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Forum Moderator

12. Pawpaw

Pawpaw 20g Supporter

TJ Johnson and SHOOTER13 like this.
  13. meanstreak

meanstreak 20g

They can't seem to get a damned thing done.
  14. carbinemike

carbinemike Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

The Republican Congress seems to be unable to accomplish anything that they told us they would do for the last 7 years. Both the house and senate are led by RINO's that seem to have more in common with middle of the road democrats than with the average American. I don't see anything of value being sent to the president to sign. That includes not only gun legislation but all legislation.

Paul Ryan is now as unpopular as Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnel is less popular that her.
    MikeD likes this.
  15. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

This is my thoughts....exactly.
  16. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

It is so impossible for a congressman to be hard-nosed about anything, because they cannot withstand the scorn of the media who might characterize them as mean & unfeeling.

Very few of them can say "screw the media" like Mr. Trump did, and stand up and do what's right.

meanstreak, carbinemike and MikeD like this.
  17. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

And that right there is a big part of the problem with the government today!
  18. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

You mean that instead of being run by our top business and military Heroes of the past, it is run by a bunch of lily-livered chicken hearts?

Those bastards are going to find out that placating the fascists and communist is just going to get them shot in the end.