1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Question Of The Month. (September 2020) (Riots)

Discussion in 'Question of the Month' started by ripjack13, Sep 3, 2020.

?

Are riots an integral part of the country’s march towards progress?

This poll will close on Oct 3, 2020 at 8:37 AM.
  1. Oh #^@$! NO!

83.3%
  2. Sure they are, see how much good they have done?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Are you high?

8.3%
  4. Other reason.

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Howdy,
    This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post your answer and vote in the polls...

Are riots an integral part of the country’s march towards progress?
    meanstreak likes this.
  2. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

Integral but cyclical.
    I'm waiting for the next lull.

[My more cynical response would be:
    The question assumes facts not in evidence. What progress?]
    meanstreak, CaddmannQ and ripjack13 like this.
  3. JRExplorer3

JRExplorer3 .270 WIN

Riots are a march to degradation and lawlessness.
    meanstreak and ripjack13 like this.
  4. Ernst

Ernst .270 WIN Supporter "Philanthropist"

Progress is typically viewed in the eye of the beholder. If we look at history, as recently as the late 60's, you can see a evolutionary path that these types of issues have taken. They have typically progressed in stages from the Soap Box, to the Ballot Box, to the Jury Box, and finally to the Ammo Box.

Today's Soap Box protesters and rioters are very simular to those of the 60's. They want change but have no idea how to institutionalize that change nor what the long-term benefits or costs of such change might be. ANTIFA and BLM have no real national leadership which can articulate the methodology for the change they speak of. They first and foremost seem to want to defund law enforcement but once one of them gets shot by paintballs or real bullets they immediately run to the police for protection. Recently an Antifa member in Portland filed a police complaint and law suit because she was hit by paintballs during a protest.

Seriously doubt much will change following November's Ballot Box. No matter who wins half the country will not be happy. The Democrats are promising the moon and the stars to these protesters and their constituents. Antifa's web site even has a link to Biden's campaign. Problem is "promises made" are typically not "promises kept" especially when it comes to funding. Biden's promises to spend on all these social programs but when ask where the money is coming from his answer is tax everyone making $400k or more per year. Problem is if the economy goes south and all these landlords never get paid for months of back rent the number of $400k and above taxpayers will dwindle very quickly. So the tough choices are either not keeping promises or increase taxes on everyone (or probably both). Plus we can expect months or years dealing with the Jury Box including impeachment efforts no matter who wins. The art of compromise left Washington years ago and will likely never return!

Will the Ammo Box ever be opened? That's the serious question of the day. However, we can not afford to be unprepared!

Some words we should frequently read and remember.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government…”

Regards
    meanstreak and Scoop like this.
  5. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Kurt Schlichter has a sensible take on why Trumpy should NOT call in the troops. Courtesy townhall.com LINK
    cmcdonald and meanstreak like this.
  6. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

The riots are funded and will dwindle when the funding does.

I’m with Scoop, regarding the rules of evidence. The question isn’t proper, so I didn’t vote.

Progress is always at odds with entropy. Progress doesn’t just happen. It is always accompanied by diminution in the organization of some other matter. The laws of physics simply do not allow things to happen the opposite.

Human beings seem to violate the rules of entropy, but they only do so in a very local sense.
    Somewhere, someone/something else is paying the piper.

Any progress that we make as a civilization incurs a cost that we never can realize up front.
    meanstreak likes this.
  7. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .30-06 Supporter

These malcontents are not contributing society in a positive manner and most likely they never have, they`re just bought and paid for minions in an organized attempt at destroying our beloved Republic and it`s just pissing off a lot of good people...
    cmcdonald and meanstreak like this.
  8. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

I don't mean to sound like a politician but, progress has a different meaning to different folks.

I personally don't see a violent attempted takeover of the country as progress. I see it as an attack on a way of life, on the American Dream. I see the a anarchists as an attack on my children and their children's future.

It is my duty to protect my grandchildren from all that would do them harm.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Elbert Garrett and JRExplorer3 like this.
  9. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

Peacefully assemble. Not burn shit in a tantrum.

Shits gonna go hot if it continues.
    meanstreak and cmcdonald like this.
  10. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I'm talking of industrial and technical progress. "Modern Progressives" practice anarchy, which is entropy on steroids.

Sorry for getting so far off in the weeds.
    meanstreak likes this.
  11. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

Last night it was Louisville. The last I heard two police officers had been shot.