• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Radetec "AMMOcontrol"

Itsricmo

.30-06
Again my aimless wandering of the interwebs has turned up something interesting!!

The Radetec AMMOcontrol

"AMMOCONTROL, THE REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL DISPLAY THAT ELECTRONICALLY SHOWS YOU EXACTLY HOW MANY ROUNDS ARE IN YOUR FIREARM. AMMOCONTROL CAN GREATLY IMPROVE YOUR SHOOTING PERFORMANCE BY KEEPING TRACK OF YOUR AMMO AND GIVING YOU ONE LESS THING TO THINK ABOUT."

They currently have two models/versions:

H_PISTOLS.jpg

"AmmoControl – Digital Counter is a last-rounds indicator device designed to train and improve the magazine-to-magazine transition that helps the shooter to avoid running dry when in a lethal engagement.It displays the amount of rounds in the magazine and total discharged shots. It does not detect any round present in the chamber of the gun.
The product consists of a set of water resistant replacement backstrap grip, one standard brand magazine including a special Radetec follower and one additional Radetec follower. The device is driven by an electronic microprocessor and powered by a 7 years life non-replaceable battery. Full detailed instructions are included in the box and the product is covered by our Limited Warranty."

(Available for Beretta 92FS, 1911 .45ACP and AR15)

and

H_RIFLES.jpg

"AmmoControl – Led Advisor is a last-rounds indicator device designed to train and improve the magazine-to-magazine transition that helps the shooter to avoid running dry when in a lethal engagement. When magazine contains three or less rounds the device illuminates a LED color light for one second after a shot is taken, or an instinctive manual Recall Button is pressed. Visible only to the user, Blue indicates 3-rounds, Green 2-rounds, Red 1-round and finally Flashing Red indicates 0-rounds in the magazine. It does not detect any round present in the chamber of the gun. The product consists of a set of water resistant replacement backstrap grip, one standard brand magazine including a special Radetec follower and one additional Radetec follower. The device is driven by an electronic microprocessor and powered by a 7 years life non-replaceable battery. Full detailed instructions are included in the box and the product is covered by our Limited Warranty."

(Available for Beretta 92FS, 1911 .45ACP and S&W-M&P 9/40)

(I still don't have the hang of the Youtube posting but here is a link)
http://youtu.be/XZSzPFxXOOI

The concept seems really neat and may be something that 3 Gunners could really consider. It also, from my understanding, takes proprietary magazines and must have the "Radetec Follower" installed or the counter won't work. Something else that troubles me in the 7 year Non-replaceable battery. Just some things to consider :)

"It has a suggested retail price of $160 for both the digital model and for the LED light display version." - AmmoLand

All pictures and videos are taken from http://www.radetec.com

Hope everyone enjoys this quick little Gadget Update!
It says that they are showing it at SHOT SHOW so maybe DHonovich can keep his eye out for it and maybe give us a hands on look at it :D

-Rick

great little gadget. by the time the libs in dc get done,you will be able to count your rounds on one hand.

good find though. :)

HAHAH!! Ain't that the truth!! :p I hope it doesn't come too that but until then here is an option for those with short-term memory loss and can't keep count... I know I have my troubles some days on the range and I only have 6 shots in a shotgun :lol:

Particularly they could think about lowering the MSRP.. street price though I would guestimate at about $99 or $125.

Back