• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rail options for SG w/o extended mag?

I have a mossberg 930 and I need to put a rail on it for my flashlight, but I don't have an extended magazine to be able to use something like the Nordic mag clamp. So need a rail system that I can attach to the forend, the barre,l or the end of my mag. Preferably the barrel, I would like the light to go right in the place of where the extended mag tube would go for a nice clean look, is this possible? I have seen some pics of shotguns with the lights mounted right under the barrel, but don't know where to begin looking for these mounts. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Something like this?
94.jpg

http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=64

Yep, the Mesa Tactical is an option. Hmmmm... maybe try the search feature on here, I know we have some threads somewhere for light mounting options.

Edit:

Oh yeah! Just found some cool stuff! type "light mounting options" into the search and check out the topics and pics to see if you find anything in there!

That mesa tactical is one that I haven't seen before.

And I definetly will do that. I have found several made by UTG, one made by laserlyte or something like that, and several others. Im just worried about them blocking my vision of the bead because of their design.

Big Red 97' said:
Im just worried about them blocking my vision of the bead because of their design.

Just make sure the design is open across the top. Something else you can check out is CDM Gear. He has some clamps that may fit the bill for you. Something that clamps to the barrel and has either a mount or another opening for a light below. His Mossberg clamps for the 500 I'm told will fit a 930 barrel.

Something like the BMT may work if the lower opening is big enough for a light.

CDM Gear BMT Clamp

bmts.gif

He's currently sold out so you would have to find one of his dealers who carry it. And this is just one option, and there are others out there, so dont sweat it, youll find what you need!

Back