• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range Bags and Carry Cases

Re: Range Bags

I've got a couple of the big Pelican cases that I used to use as range cases for my rifles, but they tended to get a little heavy. I found this sniper's drag bag at a local mil-surplus store and it's been a game changer. All the room I need for my boomsticks and ammo in a much lighter package.

It's made from heavy duty nylon and has several pockets for tools, mags, etc. Also MOLLE compatable...

Zip-open the flap in the rear for two backpack style shoulder straps...

It's got plenty of room inside for two full-sized rifles. There's a padded center divider and two sets of straps to keep the rifles secured...

I carry my pistol range gear in a large Canon camera bag...

I like the padded dividers for separating pistols and ammo...

There's a wide pocket underneath the lid that's perfect for my extended mags...

The side pockets hold about a dozen mags each...

The front pocket is perfect for carrying eye protection, ear plugs, tools, etc...

Nice postin those up! I use one of those pelican type cases too, but not as nice as a Pelican case.

I'd like to have a nice range bag, and the camera case is a pretty sweet idea! Thats also what I'd call a "repurposed" bag too!

You guys are great in posting images ... I have to steal pictures. :oops:

Here is my main range bag ... this Midway USA bag works fantastic. It has about 14 magazine slots, 9 pockets, a removable bag, 2 pistol rugs, and more. Yesterday, I carried 3 pistols (in cases), 20 magazines, 2 electronic ear muffs, 2 water bottles, hundreds of bullets, eye protection, etc... and much more. I got it on sale for about $32 a few months ago.

259680.jpg

Very nice!

I had looked at those at one point before I realized I had my camera bag laying around. I use it way more for the range than I do for haulin cameras and stuff. In fact 99% of the pics I take are of my guns or gun gear! :lol:

My short-gun range bag is nothing special so I've never taken any pictures of it. It's from Cheaper than Dirt. They call it their SWAT Responder Bag. They're normally $29.97, but they go on sale for $19.9X every now and then. I usually pick up another one every time they go on sale. Other than the zippers, they're pretty durable and offer padded pockets for your pistols.

BAG-158.jpg

BAG-158_A.jpg

Couple of my gun cases

Now that I know how to resize my cell phone pics.....I thought I'd share a couple of my cases. I know I'm walking on eggshells because I know how much all of you guys like my pink shi*. Lol..but here goes..

Attachments

• rsz_1imag0128.jpg
    rsz_1imag0128.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 2,551
  • rsz_1imag0124.jpg
    rsz_1imag0124.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 2,549
  • rsz_1imag0123.jpg
    rsz_1imag0123.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 2,550
Re: Couple of my gun cases

The key to making something yours, it to do just that without worrying about it being acceptable to others.

Nice stuff!

Looks great! I really like the pink accents!

Wish I could get my wife to do some stuff like this for me. Then again, it'd help if I got her sewing machines and what not out of storage.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Wish I could get my wife to do some stuff like this for me. Then again, it'd help if I got her sewing machines and what not out of storage.

I'm sure you can take your cases down to the local mall and have all the pink you wanted sewn in! :cool:

*ducks for cover*

LOL!! Ohhh good stuff. Why pay for services your wife can provide? .... Edit: That didn't come across right.

Well...I got my "pink" fix for the day... :p

Actually, Michelle...very nice work.

If I send a gun case ( and olive drab thread ) to ya, would/could you stitch my name into it ?!

This could be a fledging business to stimulate the economy.... :mrgreen:

Back