• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range Bags and Carry Cases

Been looking at this for a while and finally decided to try it out. Picked it up locally for $55 and I've seen them on-line for $48.99. It makes a great takedown carry case for a 16" carbine and has plenty of room to accommodate an optic...

The divider separating the two sides is thick and well padded...

Fits my 5.56 pistol perfectly...

The outer pocket has elastic bands for six rifle mags as well as four pistol mags...

I'll put it through the paces for a while and report back after a while with how it holds up...

Nice LES! I looked around the net for ideas to hold my AR, I found a few possibilities but the bbags/cases ended up costing more then the actual gun case! I looked at keyboard gig bags etc..something that didn't scream theres a gun inside! But those were way out of my price range!

Re: Range Bags

I've got a couple of the big Pelican cases that I used to use as range cases for my rifles, but they tended to get a little heavy. I found this sniper's drag bag at a local mil-surplus store and it's been a game changer. All the room I need for my boomsticks and ammo in a much lighter package.

It's made from heavy duty nylon and has several pockets for tools, mags, etc. Also MOLLE compatable...

Zip-open the flap in the rear for two backpack style shoulder straps...

It's got plenty of room inside for two full-sized rifles. There's a padded center divider and two sets of straps to keep the rifles secured...

I know I'm a little late, like a couple years, posting on this but I had to comment. This is extraordinary! Every other case and go-bag I have would go to the attic. Any chance you could send me some info on the maker and/or how to obtain one?

This is what I carry on me every time I enter the woods

Tac bag with compass, watch, flashlight, survival bag, first aid, etc.
Condor scabbard with Brenneke green lightings, Remington hollow point sluggers and #3 Buck shot
Condor single point sling (awesome)
Hatchet
Smith & Wesson full tang blade
Mossberg skinner
Remington 3 piece skinner set (mostly for small paring knife)
Gerber bone saw

Attachments

• GEAR.JPG
    GEAR.JPG
    550.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
ceec694b8f8ce7ae20070d3bd7ecf685.jpg

2f2856640ada9483cb699fd42739f93f.jpg

Seahorse for the handguns, pelican 1700 for the precision build & voodoo range bag for ears eyes stapler etc

Guys,

I just picked up the Mossberg 500 50127 Flex combo that has a 28 VR barrel and 18.5 barrel as well as 2 forends and a pistol grip. I will probably end up with a second stock for my wife.

Does anyone have suggestions of a bag or case designed to handle 2 barrels as well as other stuff?? I have seen the soft case that Mossberg sells but dont see and posts about it here.

TIA

My all-around favorite range bag is my Condor drag bag.

You can check it out on the first page of this thread, post #2. It is 50" in overall length with a padded divider for carrying two long guns or in your case an extra barrel. There are other options out there, but I've used this bag for more than three years now and it's still going strong. Your shotgun is right at 48-1/4", so you're going to need something at least 50" in length to accommodate...

Does anyone have suggestions of a bag or case designed to handle 2 barrels as well as other stuff?? I have seen the soft case that Mossberg sells but dont see and posts about it here.

I can't advise about the soft case but I use a gun sock to protect my 28" barrel since it seldom sees use. $4 on sale at Midway...
gunsock.jpg

I can't advise about the soft case but I use a gun sock to protect my 28" barrel since it seldom sees use. $4 on sale at Midway...
View attachment 6785
That's a brilliant suggestion!
As long as there is room in a bag i buy, that would work. Would be nice to have a bag though, that accommodated extra barrels .

I talked to Mossberg about their Flex bag and it sounds like it might be designed right but their pictures stink. You can see it on pg 72 of their online catalog

My all-around favorite range bag is my Condor drag bag.

You can check it out on the first page of this thread, post #2. It is 50" in overall length with a padded divider for carrying two long guns or in your case an extra barrel. There are other options out there, but I've used this bag for more than three years now and it's still going strong. Your shotgun is right at 48-1/4", so you're going to need something at least 50" in length to accommodate...
Wow. 48.25 in is long for most bags. will confirm when i get mine...but...with the flex, i can easily remove the stock to use a shorter bag as long as there is room for the stock and extras

here's the only one I have a picture of right now. I'll take some more after the significant other gets up for work. Not too sure she'd appreciate me dragging things out of the safe right now, LOL
I don't have this AR anymore, just sold it last week to by my 930 JM Pro, but, when I had it, I carried it in this. In the pic it doesn't look like it would fit, but it fit perfectly. I lined the bag with some foam from an old rifle case.
fsH4BpV.jpg

Back