• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range Bags and Carry Cases

Rifle/Pistol Case's

Well I'm playing with a pelican 1750.. I ran done to the local upholstery shop and had them cut it out..
Things will change, I ordered the DSA rail set for the FAL and will place the Comp M4 on it and a T1 on the SBR and will find a place for a few mags. So I'll have the Shop order me some new foam and get the lay out just perfect.. So If you have some Pictures of your cases let see them.

case2.jpg

next time you want to cut foam use a electric knife , like the ones they use to carve up turkey..

80Yi2l.jpg

go slow and follow your outline. it will come out better than you think. just a trick i learned in "hollywood".

i found one at a flea market for $2.00 and use it often. i even made my brother a poker table and used it to cut the foam for it...ooh...that reminds me. i need to post that pic up..

ripjack13 said:
next time you want to cut foam use a electric knife , like the ones they use to carve up turkey..

80Yi2l.jpg

go slow and follow your outline. it will come out better than you think. just a trick i learned in "hollywood".

i found one at a flea market for $2.00 and use it often. i even made my brother a poker table and used it to cut the foam for it...ooh...that reminds me. i need to post that pic up..
Thanks for the tip ripjack, soon as I pick up my AR15 I'm planning on doing a case insert for my 500 and AR15, so that should help a lot.

Looking for a cheap range bag - Any sugestions?

I have been looking for a cheap range bag. I have one that is about 13" long and has lots of pockets but need something larger. I saw a nice bag at Midway for $39 (now has gone up to $44) but the shipping was $15. I think that shipping should not cost half of the price of an item.

I would like it to have a place to store a couple of guns and some mags. Pleanty of pockets and some room for ammo. Any thoughts?

Re: Looking for a cheap range bag - Any sugestions?

I'm just using a canvas tool bag I bought some years ago and either Home Depot or Sears, I forget which. It is completely open on the inside (i.e. no dividers), with small pockets all the way around the inside and outside. It's nothing fancy but it's sturdy and holds quite a bit of stuff.

I picked up an 18" (I think) Redhead range bag at Bass Pro for $34 a few weeks ago. Open center with 2 internal gun pockets, 3 pockets on the outside, 2 have compartments in them and 2 small mag pouches. I use a canvas messenger bag I got at a pawn shop too.

Im going to recommend one of the two sizes of range bag from Midway USA.
If you get the larger one, be careful, you can overload it and be able to move it.

Join the NRA...

For $25 for a first time one year membership, you get a range bag, your choice of 12 issues of a few different gun magazines, gun insurance, you help protect your 2nd amendment gun rights, and no shipping !!

I am a member of the NRA prepaid for the next 2 years. I may be going to bass proshop this weekend. i will check out the bag. thanks for all the input.

Joe

I have been using this. Craftsman Professional 5-Pocket 14 in. Mini Double Wide Tool Bag $27

Hey Joe!

I dont have any specific input here, but I merged your thread into the existing "Range Bags and Carry Cases"... Good luck in the search man!

SHOOTER13 said:
Join the NRA...

For $25 for a first time one year membership, you get a range bag, your choice of 12 issues of a few different gun magazines, gun insurance, you help protect your 2nd amendment gun rights, and no shipping !!

How do I get in on that deal? I don't see anything about the range bag on their website. Ballcap, but nothing about the bag. Thanks and take care. Tom Worthington.

I'm wondering that as well. I just paid for a year membership and didn't see anything about a range bag. I haven't got my sign up package in the mail yet though, so we'll see what that brings.

I renewed my NRA membership and got the range bag. I do the Internet version of the magazine.

It's not a bad little bag. It's not huge. It's big enough for a pistol, a few boxes of ammo, eyes and ears. I like it.

I'm certainly not a new member. I haven't received my mail with the usual car window stickers and all that yet though.

I still think canvas tool bags from Home Depot or Sears is an excellent choice and value for range bags (like the example I posted a link to above, and the others mentioned or shown). They are very durable, hold a lot of stuff, and cost a fraction of the bags that are actually called range bags.

CrackerKen said:
I still think canvas tool bags from Home Depot or Sears is an excellent choice and value for range bags (like the example I posted a link to above, and the others mentioned or shown). They are very durable, hold a lot of stuff, and cost a fraction of the bags that are actually called range bags.

True Dat.

Back