• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range Bags and Carry Cases

I don't have any experience with that particular case, but I use something similar. It's worked out nicely for me so far...

LES, thank you very much. I will post a review as soon as it comes in my hands. Is your case 42'' long as well'? I am just worried that the gun will be very tight in there.

I just took some pictures of my fresh new range carry case so here it is:

Attachments

• IMG_1327moss.jpg
    IMG_1327moss.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_1329moss.jpg
    IMG_1329moss.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_1331moss.jpg
    IMG_1331moss.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 458
Continuing... It is a very tight case, I need now and a shoulder carry strap, it has metal rings for that. IMHO it is a good buy. I bought and a Jack Pyke padded dual point sling which i used it for half an hour for my handgun contest and i didn't feel the weight of my shotgun in my shoulders. I am not very good at reviews so be a little patient and sorry about the sheets...

Attachments

• IMG_1333moss.jpg
    IMG_1333moss.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_1334moss.jpg
    IMG_1334moss.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_1338moss.jpg
    IMG_1338moss.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 451
The love is rampant in those pix george. ;)

Good looking bag.

Hahahaha.. Yes, i am full in love after 4 years of marriage and two kids!! I 'll be posting later about the case after a trip at the range. Thank you mr.Rip...

Heheh.....good for you george.
Don't forget to bring your hat! And take pix! ;)

Thanks for the thread, L.E.S.

Based on the ammo boxes and the unmistakeable outline of the factory sights... I would venture to say that's a G21 in your Canon bag? Am I right?.. haha. Great idea on the camera case as a carry bag. I will put something similar into play. G23 / G27 system.

RBA

Probably the G21 or could be the G19, hard to tell.

I'm still carrying that bag to and from the range. Haven't found anything else that works better yet. Thanks and glad to see you're finding the thread useful...

CrackerKen said:
I just bought one of these for my M590A1, 18.5 model:

http://www.casesandmore.com/NcSTAR-CV29 ... 334884F587

I only paid $12 for it. I got the 42" size, which is perfect for the 18.5 with standard stock. As the reviews say, the cases run about 2" short on the inside due to the way it's built. It still has an inch or so of extra room, so it's not too tight. Surprisingly (due to the low price), these bags are well made. The padding is good (about 1"), and it's cloth lined inside. Zippers are good. The side pocket can probably hold about 25 to 30 rounds of 12 ga ammo in boxes. I'd order one of these again. I'm only using it for occassional trips to the range, so it will last a long time.

If that holds an 18.5" with a standard stock, a 20" with a Hogue 12" LOP stock should fit just as well. It looks like it will serve my needs and the price is sure right. I only intend to use it for trips to the range and my only concern is whether or not there is room in there for a side-mounted tactical light.

Had a hard time finding a 42" soft case that didn't have to be backordered. Thought I was gonna get a Bulldog case but it was sold out by the time I went to pay for it. Then I lucked out last night and found an auction on eBay for that NCStar case discussed above and it was 20 minutes from ending. Won the auction with a bid only .50 over the reserve of $19.99. I'm hoping it will be the perfect size case for Matilda; I also ordered a Hogue 12" LOP stock and a Limbsaver slip on recoil pad for her, which should put her overall length at 39.5 - 40 inches.

I have a Tac Force Range Bag: http://tac-force.com/smallrangebag.aspx

There is a funny story behind this one. I purchased it a while ago for the purpose and intent of using it as a small travel bag for work. It was obvious that I didn't do my research because it is actually design as a range bag; does not work well at all as "duffel bag." With that being said, it sat in my closet for the longest time.

I have since made use of it and quite happy with the bag. At the moment, it serves mainly as a range bag, but I've outfitted it as a semi-bug out bag as well.

341acaee814611e3b4730eae813c7c47_8.jpg

Side profile. Basketball in the background for height comparison?

e1884a80814611e3bfe71271cab09a7c_8.jpg

As you can see, there are 4 side compartments.

Length-wise Compartments (Top): You will note that I have some slugs/rounds slotted in sub-compartments designed to hold hand gun magazines. In addition, each length-wise compartment has a padded "folder" within for various purposes.

Length-wise Compartments (Bottom): The design on each side is identical. Here I have a set of screw drivers, zip-ties, chem-lights (buried inside), and yes, that is correct - MRE heating pouches that I have acquired over the years. :lol:

Side Compartment (Left and Right): Cans of Vienna Sausages and Chef Boyardi, zip-cuffs, KABAR bayonet style knife, rubber bands... only thing I'm missing is a spork.

fd01bdf0814611e390c1121497f657e7_8.jpg

This is the main compartment. (From left to right) Cleaning kit#1, 2 x hearing-pro, 1 x eye-pro.

08f22410814711e3bf01128d86d26cdc_8.jpg

A look deeper into the main compartment. You will note a case sitting at the bottom of the bag; that is Cleaning kit #2, along with a box of 00Buck, and 2 x boxes of .40.

Simple, but efficient.

Sounds like fun.

I don't have a lot of cases though. I more often than not just carry whatever it is I plan to shoot.

A repurposed bag that a youth bow came in my buddy Tom gave me. It's has a pouch for carrying mags and ammo and tools, and the main compartment fits my mp5 sbr like it was made for it. What I like best is there are no brand markings that screams "STEAL ME".

mp5case002_zps1be49cf0.jpg

mp5case003_zps08456f67.jpg

And of course I have several universal soft and hard cases for both long guns and handguns.

I'm with you there John.

Whenever possible I like to carry my gear in unmarked bags that don't look like firearm cases. The more discrete, the better...

Picked up a Condor "Transporter" rifle case a couple days ago...

The Condor Transporter’s discreet design hides your AR-15 Carbine in plain sight. The 164 features a padded interior with a removable divder to seperate the upper and lower receivers with a padded mesh back to maximize airflow. The exterior zipper compartment hold s your magazines, tools, and other accessories. Also, fits AR and AK pistols as well as AK-47 underfolders and other take-down guns.

Specifications

- Discreet take down case designed to fit AR-15 carbine.
- Padded main compartment with removable padded divider to separate upper from lower receiver.
- Four tight down straps to secure weapon in place.
- Large exterior zipper compartment with elastic loops for mag. tool or other accessories.
- Hide away shoulder strap.
- Padded back with mesh reinforcement to maximize airflow. - Also fits AR and AK pistols as well as AK-47 underfolders and various other take-down guns.

Size

26" x 8.5" x 4"

Been looking at this for a while and finally decided to try it out. Picked it up locally for $55 and I've seen them on-line for $48.99. It makes a great takedown carry case for a 16" carbine and has plenty of room to accommodate an optic...

The divider separating the two sides is thick and well padded...

Fits my 5.56 pistol perfectly...

The outer pocket has elastic bands for six rifle mags as well as four pistol mags...

I'll put it through the paces for a while and report back after a while with how it holds up...

Back