• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range Box/ Gun Cart?

ladytech777

.270 WIN
How do you transport several guns,ammo and targets into your range. Most of the time I like to
use 2 or 3 different guns for practice rather than leave the range to go get another gun from my car.
Also, I need to carry my own targets, backer board,guns and ammo from parking lot to range.
Does anyone have plans or a supplier of a cart or wheeled box? Preferably something not too heavy as the supplies are heavy enough.

I usually just throw it all in the cab or bed of my pickup and back up to the spot where I want to shoot. Of course, not everyone can do that.

I've seen some of the Cowboy Action shooters that have built or bought hand carts to haul all of their kit.

Here's an example:

Cowboy_Shooter_Gun_Cart.jpg

Looks like you can buy plans for $4.00: http://otbpatterns.ecrater.com/p/803054 ... n-shooting

That's a pretty nifty setup...^^^

I've seen people also use travel suitcases with wheels...good for targets, ammo, ear/eye protection, even some pistols if the suitcase is large enough...with their rifles carried in their cases.

If I'm carrying a few pistols into a range, I leave them in their cases and stuff them in my ruck sack...ear plugs and eye protection already in the ruck, ammo is already in military cans with handles, targets are carried in map tubes with slings...my rifle(s) in their cases slung over my shoulder.

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks guys. Pistols are easy- i'm looking for something simple, light, easy to throw in a car trunk,
for long guns and I drive a small car- but I can fold the rear seats.

Allison and I have 2 back packs, a gun case which has 2 shotguns and a hand gun, carry a 3rd shotgun, ammo box, targets, annd what ever else. Sometimes it takes a couple trips.

Not the best way to do it, but in one spot I cant drive it all back there and wouldnt be able to roll a cart there either.

That wood cart looks really nice!

Back