• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

RANGE REPORT: Long Guns

I shot my Dad's (1931-1934) Stevens' 66 Buccaneer .22lr today. It hasn't been fired in 30+ years. I broke it down, cleaned, lubed and polished everything last night.

I pulled the trigger on the first lr loaded, and "click."

"Damn," I thought, I wasted all that time cleaning it up.

Nope! It fired and hit the black from 15yrds. I just didn't feel or hear it over the bolt! (I've been shooting my 590 a lot lately, so I guess I'm a little numb.) I shot 30 more rounds from the 15rd tube mag, all in the black, no FTF/FTE, and I didn't even need to adjust the peep sights.

It's very fun to shoot, and ready to go to one of my Dad's grandkids.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
^ Thanks, my youngest nephew is only six and I think he'll get it (not that it's valuable in the real world, but it's neat to us) so I'll get to take care of it for a few years:). It should be fun to plink around on the salt flats come spring time.

Is it normal for the barrel to foul up pretty badly on rim fire .22 lr with only 35-40 rounds? I thought I had gotten it pristine last night, but it was very dirty after firing. Maybe I loosened up more of the 30 years of dust:).

Last edited:
Here is my 100 yard target shot with my 10/22.
6r6kgw.jpg

This is at the 150 yard bench and target.
euk4f5.jpg

2415mya.jpg

Back