• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

RANGE REPORT: Long Guns

Re: RIFLE Range Results

Made it out to a buddy's farm off the Duck River yesterday about an hour and a half outside of Nashville. We did some river shootn, ran some home-made two gun courses, but the day started off with some distance shootn. The targets were set up right at 400 yards out down at the bottom of a hill. We were shootn 8" shoot n see targets stuck to a 6'x8' sheet of plywood. There were also a few targets stuck to a 4'x4' steel sheet hangin off the side.

One of the guys brought his .308 Remy 700. It had been fully accurized and boy that thing was sweet!

He was kind enough to let me send a few down range. Here are the three shots I took at the steel...

The first shot was way high, but the next two were spot on...

This was a great start to the day!

I wish I had somewhere to shoot over 200 yards...looks like a great day of shooting.

Yeah I hear ya.

This was the first time I'd had the opportunity to shoot further than 200 yards myself.

Todays range fun.

My Son and I took the SCAR and the 9 shot 590A1 to the range today, alot of fun. The SCAR and 590A1 are a joy yo to shoot and both are now dead on accurate..

Here is the 590A1 @50 yards with 3" Remington Sluggers.

And some SCAR targets. @150 yards..

And my wife with the Tactical Ruger 10/22. She called this thug her "Wallmart" shopper!!! :mrgreen:

And the Wife shooting the Highpoint 995 9mm carbine.

Good fun for all and man that 590 is amazing with that Bushnell Acog!!!

Re: Todays range fun.

Wow...awesome shooting Dave !! Your family really tore up them targets !!

And that 590a1 was dead on at 50 too...

Sounds like a great afternoon with the family !

how about that Highpoint ? My father in law just got one....I havent seen it yet.

Looks like a fun day at the range!

It sure was a good day fellas!!!

Just got through cleaning everything with the exception of the Tactical 10/22 which I'll get tomorrow. I had to clean my Czech Mauser and Mosin which I shot earlier in the week.

The 590 with that Bushnell Acog is a very good setup for slugs, didn't try any other rounds due to range restrictions, Slug only on the 200 yard range. My neighbor and I are getting geared for the Turkey shoots which start in the next month or so. I'm gonna pick up 2 XX full Turkey chokes for my Silver Reserve and I just ordered a new 28" vented rib interchangeable choke barrel for my neighbor's older and beautiful 870 Wingmaster.

Enjoy your Holiday fellas!!!

Boy, it looks like you had to much fun... :mrgreen:

It's alway nice to hear about (and see) a family out shooting,,, :D

Have fun cleaning,,,

Lateck,

lateck said:
Boy, it looks like you had to much fun... :mrgreen:

It's alway nice to hear about (and see) a family out shooting,,, :D

Have fun cleaning,,,

Lateck,

Thanks, lateck!!

We all like shooting as does my 10 year old daughter she's just a little small for her age and isn't comfortable yet even with my 10/22's. She still goes with us and enjoys it, I even offered to buy her the youth style 22 but she wants wait to shoot her 10/22 (my original 20 year old beauty) which I gave her.

Today the 10/22's, all 3 of them get a good cleaning as well as my Saiga 308 which I shot Saturday afternoon..

Enjoy the Holiday folks!!!

You too Dave,

I hope you have a nice, relaxing Labor Day. Same goes to the rest of the MO community...

Re: Some 50 Cal therapy!!

Old thread I know, but .50's have a certain feel. DaveinCT thats a very cool rifle, not too many folks can lay claim to a custom .50. I have never shot a one off hand built like the one DaveinCT shot, but I am familuar with this guy.
Scott50Cal.jpg

Home Defense 50 Cal...gotta love it !!

Love the M82a1!

I live right down the road from the Barrett HQ. Ronnie Barrett has a store here, The Outpost Armory, where they keep an assortment of their boomsticks in stock. They are some serious machines and I love going out there to drool on them every so often...

Re: Pics from the Rifle Range

Finally got out to the range with Pop yesterday for some fun with the new AR I built for him. It was well worth the wait...

I think he likes it!

That's a happy Dad right there...!!

Thanks for sharing these man! Looks like hes diggin the A2 carbine!

He was lovin it!

The man was like a kid in a candy store. That is, a kid with Airborne Ranger training and machine-like accuracy. I put the rifle in his hands and it was game on. He punched out the bull on every target we put up...

Back