• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

RANGE REPORT: Long Guns

Thanks, I am sorta proud cause as you know I built it from stripped everything so , its cool to me .

My red dot is the Vortex Strike fire red dot only, they are a good bit brighter then the green/red version. The dot is 4 moa , I like the size but at 200 it covers a bunch, on the 200 yard targets there are the 4 small targets in the corners, well the dot covers all but those 4 corners at 200.

oli700 said:
Thanks, I am sorta proud cause as you know I built it from stripped everything so , its cool to me .

My red dot is the Vortex Strike fire red dot only, they are a good bit brighter then the green/red version. The dot is 4 moa , I like the size but at 200 it covers a bunch, on the 200 yard targets there are the 4 small targets in the corners, well the dot covers all but those 4 corners at 200.

Yep. At 200+yds that 4moa dot becomes less of a dot and more of a blob. It's nice at short ranges though. I've got a strikefire also and I like it. I wish it didn't have the night vision feature and had knob instead of buttons but worth the money I think.

Three shot group from my Savage model 10 at 100 yards, after i figured out that my two front scope mount rail screws were too long. One was bottoming out against the barrel threads, the other hitting the bolt. A little filing and polishing with a sharpening stone and I had a drastic improvement on groups.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385521982898.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385521982898.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 99
About 18 yards, 500A with 20 inch cyl barrel. First one was the high right. Held low to compensate for the other 4
Kneeling freehand, no sling, single bead sight

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390768731808.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390768731808.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 28
Good shooting. :)

Shot my 4095TS at the range today at 12 yards standing. I think the red dot is sighted good for now. The carbine gets heavy after a while,

Good shooting. :)

Shot my 4095TS at the range today at 12 yards standing. I think the red dot is sighted good for now. The carbine gets heavy after a while,

Nice. Hi Point Carbines will do the job.

I have a 995, and will post some pics next week because I am waiting for a few goodies.

300 yards with hand loaded 77gr Nosler CC/AR-Comp.

I shot the bottom 5, looked through the spotting scope, went one click up on the turret and shot the remaining 8

I am happy as a clam, considering I cant tell if I am hitting with 6x.

300 yards is a tougher yardage for the ACSS and me because it is the only yardage that uses the post only , no dot , no "cross hair"

Looks like you found the sweet spot.

Now THAT'S marksmanship.

Thanks ! I am getting everything dialed in. Real happy with the loads.....

Now I need to practice closer range and do some barrier shooting at stuff not worry about grouping and get used to using the scope that way as well.....I think I will miss the red dot once I start getting in unconventional shooting positions, but I think practice and I'll be ok

Back