• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Really simple for anyone with elementary crypto exposure

Scoop

.30-06
nznaj vgunj ngpux abjfj unggv zrvgv fnzna jvgug jbjng purfv farir efher vjnfj baqre vatju vpuhf refun gurva grerf befxv yygbf guvfr yrzra gnelp vcure kvslb hfbyi rvger cyblg bguvf guern qfvzc ylolc cbfgv atncv pgher bsnjn gpube npybp xvjvy yxabj jubgu rneyl travh fvfkl

Mike,

NewPost-image-1392892217-main-feed-451x531.png.jpg

and a pat on the back for solving the cipher in just over 3 hours after posting. How long did it take you after you read the challenge?

pat+on+the+back.jpg

Mike,

NewPost-image-1392892217-main-feed-451x531.png.jpg

and a pat on the back for solving the cipher in just over 3 hours after posting. How long did it take you after you read the challenge?

pat+on+the+back.jpg
I didnt take me too long, I fell back on years of experience as a code breaker and intelligence work for the CIA and various other agencies during the cold war.

Sorry, I may have mislead you there. That was BS for I don't know a damn thing about crypto but my GoogleFu is strong. It took me about 10 minutes to find an online decoder. LOL

Yep. The big hint was in the title of this thread. Nice work.

I knew you weren't CIA immediately. CIA always say they are from the FBI so people will think they are with the NSA.

Sorry. My cryptographic experience involved installing, removing, and maintaining crypto gear. Oh, and occasionally doing HJ.

hahaha. Took me a while to find something that could "read" the OP. Then I had to get my eyes to read the translation. Took me some Time to do that.

Here is the original message with the appropriate word spacing and punctuation. [Plus a couple of spelling corrections.] Insert the courier text below into the appropriate decoder/translator and all is well.

n zna jvgu n jngpu xabjf jung gvzr vg vf. n zna jvgu gjb jngpurf vf arire fher. v jnf jbaqrevat juvpu hfref unir gur vagrerfg be fxvyy gb fbyir guvf ryrzragnel pvcure. vs lbh fbyir vg ercyl gb guvf guernq fvzcyl ol cbfgvat n cvpgher bs n jngpu be n pybpx. v jvyy xabj jub gur rneyl travhf vf.

Sure, here you go, Maxwell.

a man with a watch knows what time it is. a man with two watches is never sure. i was wondering which users have the interest or skill to solve this elementary cipher. if you solve it reply to this thread simply by posting a picture of a watch or a clock. i will know who the early genius is.

Very nice @Scoop.

I made pretty good money writing code and crunching numbers, but I'm retired from all that.

At one time I found it both lucrative and amusing, but modern industrial society cured me of that. Well in part at least.

Nowadays I find casting bullets & drying paint more exciting.

Back