• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recoil pad advice

Patch

Copper BB
For a Mossberg 500, 12 ga., intended primarily for HD, would anyone suggest any particular style and/or brand of recoil pad if one were added. Both price and function are considerations. I see alot of things out there, but I'm not sure if any one is better than another. Thanks in advance. (PS - I hope I picked the correct forum to post this in)

You're welcome!

Keep us informed on which one you get and how you like it.....

Howdy,
I too recently put a Beartooth adjustable recoil pad on. I may use the extra pads under their ammo sleeve for comb adjustment.
Best

When I first started shooting shotguns, I went with a slip-on Limbsaver.
It is a great recoil pad!

Once I realized that if you mount the gun correctly recoil is not an issue, at least for me, It has been relegated to the spare gun parts drawer.
It does make an appearance every now and then when I am teaching a younger new shooter.

SeaScout said:
Howdy,
I too recently put a Beartooth adjustable recoil pad on. I may use the extra pads under their ammo sleeve for comb adjustment.
Best

Interesting idea....let me know how it works out.

ripjack13 said:
http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=4080

Great thread Rip!
Good point about the Limbsaver being sticky.
I think it has something to do with the soft rubber it is made from.

ripjack13 said:
SeaScout said:
Howdy,
Best

Interesting idea....let me know how it works out.
Sure will...just ordered it tonight. I saved about $10 bucks over their comb raising kit and am getting 4 shell loops to boot! Pretty sure this is going to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
Cheers.... :D

All,
OK, the Beartooth (4 shells) ammo sleeve came in and has been installed with one of the extra recoil pads used to adjust the comb. Works perfectly and every things fits including my VTAC buttstock adapter. Nice!
Cheers...

All,
First try with Tapatalk and iPhone. Let's see how it goes.

This may show the outline of the comb adjustment a bit better.

And the front end just for fun...my King Armory breacher-muzzle brake

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340126943.716805.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340126943.716805.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 592
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340127032.643351.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340127032.643351.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 592
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340127113.186773.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340127113.186773.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 592
SeaScout

All,
Well it's seems that if you try to view an image uploaded with Tapatalk
with Tapatalk you get a box with a red question mark in it. However you can view the images correctly using your browser.
Best...

A couple months ago I experimented with different recoil pads on my 590. The factory one sucks, but I found that didn't experience a significant improvement in perceived recoil with either the limbsaver or kick-eez replacement pads. I didn't even bother trying a Pachmayer because I was confident that it wouldn't be any better. In the end, I put the factory pad back on & saved the $30.

You didn't feel ANY significant difference with the limbsaver? I find that hard to comprehend. I am not familiar with the kickeez, however I do have 2 limbsavers, and they do exactly as the name implies. However my limbsavers are slip ons...is that what you had? or did you get the kind you screw on? If so...I think you might wanna get the slip on limbsaver pad, in addition to the pad that is on your 590, and you will surely feel a difference for the better.

Back