• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

recoil pad deteriorated

I have a maverick 88, it has been a very good gun. however i noticed today that the recoil pad has deteriorated and the rubber is rubbing off on it. I was wondering what is the cheapest fix for this? Is a new pad or another stock?, the reason I ask about another stock is i called locally and they want $20-$50 for different pads, so i will be buying online. I wished it had a shorter stock as I have short arms, with the pad off its almost perfect but i need something back there. I am on a very tight budget and fixed income and can't afford a lot right now with Christmas coming. thanks for any help.

I got a reply from Mossberg, got an email from them, they had been trying to call me but I wasn't home. they are sending me a new pad. told me to clean the old pad with rubbing alcohol and see if that helps, also if it does to wipe the pad down lightly with alcohol every time i clean to make sure no oil is on the pad. I cleaned the old pad with alcohol and it did help, it's still bad and will need replacing but it is usable for a little while longer. thanks

Thought I would update, well I got the pad in 2 days but it was too short as it looked like it fit a smaller stock. emailed Mossberg and they took care of it, got the right one plus a Mossberg key chain today. A+ service.

went huntin today and had a good day rabbit huntin but the stock is just too long for me to get fast shots. gonna get a shorter synthetic stock, will go with youth and try it when i can save a little.

Love my limbsaver butt pad. Been on the Maverick for about 4.5 years. Couple thousand rounds since then. Lots of high brass stuff in the mix. Won't go back to the factory hockey puck pad again.

Sent from my Vivo XL4 using Tapatalk

Back