• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recoil pad for 510 mini

Guitarmanrlk

Copper BB
Just ordered the Shooters Friend recoil pad for my new 510 mini. Does the pad need any modifications to fit the buttstock? Thanks for any info. :D

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. I'm not familiar with that one. I have a Beartooth pad for my mini .410g. Hopefully someone here does and can shed some info on it for ya... Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13

I just looked at one over at my local Cabelas. It is pretty much the same thing as a Limbsaver pad, which needs no mods to fit a full size stock, However...what size did you get? the mini 410 stock is really small. I'm not sure what the size was, and it doesn't say on the site. You might have to put some tape around the stock to keep the pad on if it's the mini 410 like mine...

My local Walmart has the Limbsaver Brand in two sizes (small and medium) for the Mossberg.
The measurements for the butt of stock are on the back of the packages for each size.
Check you local Wally and see if they have them.
They list for $21.95. :)

I am new to the forum and a new owner of a Mini 510. It was purchased for my wife. We took both my 500a and the Mini 20ga to the range. We are allowed to shoot only slugs at this range.

We found the recoil of the 20ga to be incredibly intense. My wife, first time shooter, coudn't really be the judge of that. I shot twenty reduced recoil rounds through her gun and 50 through my 12ga. The 20 knocked my glasses off twice and I nearly broke my nose on a shot. It kicked so hard that it seemed no matter how hard I tried to compensate or deal with it, it suckered me everytime. I even developed a flinch shooting the Mini.

I realize that the shorter stock created a situation where my right hand is very much closer to my face than on my 500. The recoil on the 12 is manageable for me. I'm 6'3" and weigh way north of 200lbs. I think that the smaller mass of the 20 allows more energy to be dleivered to the body.

1. Has anyone else experienced the recoil from the Mini the way we have?
2. Any suggestions for an addtional stock pads? I see that the limbsaver comes in two sizes. I read in another forum a person filled the void in the Mini's plastic stock with lead fishing sinkers.

Welcome aboard.

Limbsaver recoil pads do an amazing job at reducing recoil. They claim a 70% reduction in recoil, but I believe they're just being modest. You can download/print sizing templates on Limbsaver's website to find the proper fit...

Limbsaver Recoil Pad Templates

I am new to the forum and a new owner of a Mini 510. It was purchased for my wife. We took both my 500a and the Mini 20ga to the range. We are allowed to shoot only slugs at this range.

We found the recoil of the 20ga to be incredibly intense. My wife, first time shooter, coudn't really be the judge of that. I shot twenty reduced recoil rounds through her gun and 50 through my 12ga. The 20 knocked my glasses off twice and I nearly broke my nose on a shot. It kicked so hard that it seemed no matter how hard I tried to compensate or deal with it, it suckered me everytime. I even developed a flinch shooting the Mini.

I realize that the shorter stock created a situation where my right hand is very much closer to my face than on my 500. The recoil on the 12 is manageable for me. I'm 6'3" and weigh way north of 200lbs. I think that the smaller mass of the 20 allows more energy to be dleivered to the body.

2. Any suggestions for an addtional stock pads? I see that the limbsaver comes in two sizes. I read in another forum a person filled the void in the Mini's plastic stock with lead fishing sinkers.

Fwright2: I experienced somewhat similar experience w/recoil (with the youth stock the gun came with) and you can order a standard stock for it by contacting Mossberg. It will take about
three weeks to get it. Believe it or not, I have yet to shoot it since I put the full size stock on. I know this is a very late response to your situation. I will give update on how new stock handles the recoil. (hopefully this week, depending on the weather)

I know what you mean, I was a bit surprised after pumping some slugs through my 20ga. It definitely qualifies as intense. I got a small limbsaver slip on pad for mine, but it probably could stand a little shimming with tape; it holds, but the stock is a little bit smaller than the pad itself. I've only fired it in a short range session, but it definitely makes a big difference. Looking back though, I almost wish I'd gotten the one that screws to the buttstock instead of the slip on.

Last edited:
Back