• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recoils springs

DDEL

.22LR
Does anyone know if the 930 and 935 use different springs? I am hoping the 935 uses a stiffer rate because my 930 could use a little help slowing things down with 3" magnum buck. It is ejecting into the next county (15-20 feet). I am aware of the or3gun parts to adjust this.

The springs are the same between the 930 and 935. The recoil tube is also the same. The OEM plunger and spring retainer are also the same.

However, the 935 has another 1/2" of bolt travel, so it compresses this same recoil spring another 1/2" before it runs into the receiver. This gives the 935 a heavier effective spring rate at the rear end of its travel that the 930 doesn't have without compensating for it somewhere else. The ASR (Adjustable Spring Retainer) in the Field CSP/ASR set is what a lot of people are using for this situation.

http://or3gun.com/OR3GUN/about_or3gun_plunger.htm

Hope that clarifies the 930/935 difference.

Thanks!

William

...finding hulls is what God made daughters for...lol...

...then i have to go find theirs when they shoot...

Thanks guys. I did finally notice that the parts diagrams is shared for the 930/935 for those parts. There is no issue with coil bind, I slid a entire extra OR3Gun CSP up the tail and the bolt would still slide all the way back in the receiver. I'm not shooting it that way, I just wanted to see how compacted the spring was becoming during recoil. I'll mess with preloading the spring a bit more for magnum loads on a day when I'm bored. I'd like to find when it will stop feeding magnums, then back it off a bit. If you're thinking "why?", I feel that both the gas and recoil system is trying to cover too far of a range of ammo. They claim the gas system will adjust, but the recoil end of things is not up to high power loads, if it was you could forget target loads altogether.

William, I am the guy you sent out the CSP/ASR kit a week or so ago after we discussed some issues I was having (free of charge I should add, thank you again). I'm currently running the field adjustable ASR with the factory front plunger to achieve the max preload on the recoil spring as an experiment. I hope to test it this week . My 930 is plastered with a plethora (hey c'mon , how often does one get to roll out "plethora"? haha) of your parts, thanks for supporting the platform with performance goodies!

Hey Paul, I did get mine cerakoted in FDE, check it out up in the photo thread, I know you were talking about doing yours that color

Thanks guys. I did finally notice that the parts diagrams is shared for the 930/935 for those parts. There is no issue with coil bind, I slid a entire extra OR3Gun CSP up the tail and the bolt would still slide all the way back in the receiver. I'm not shooting it that way, I just wanted to see how compacted the spring was becoming during recoil. I'll mess with preloading the spring a bit more for magnum loads on a day when I'm bored. I'd like to find when it will stop feeding magnums, then back it off a bit. If you're thinking "why?", I feel that both the gas and recoil system is trying to cover too far of a range of ammo. They claim the gas system will adjust, but the recoil end of things is not up to high power loads, if it was you could forget target loads altogether.

William, I am the guy you sent out the CSP/ASR kit a week or so ago after we discussed some issues I was having (free of charge I should add, thank you again). I'm currently running the field adjustable ASR with the factory front plunger to achieve the max preload on the recoil spring as an experiment. I hope to test it this week . My 930 is plastered with a plethora (hey c'mon , how often does one get to roll out "plethora"? haha) of your parts, thanks for supporting the platform with performance goodies!

Hey Paul, I did get mine cerakoted in FDE, check it out up in the photo thread, I know you were talking about doing yours that color
...that is too cool...waiting for winter to set in here so i can quit shooting long enough to make mine pretty...yours is very nice!

...that is too cool...waiting for winter to set in here so i can quit shooting long enough to make mine pretty...yours is very nice!

Here we wait for winter so we can shoot without vaporizing in the heat haha. My cerakote guy is 6 miles from my work so quick turnaround to say the least...three days

Back