1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Red Dot Mount

Discussion in 'Holographic/Red Dot Sights' started by melomanic, Nov 18, 2015.

1. melomanic

melomanic .22LR

Hey there,
    again I need your support. I want to put a Red Dot on my Mossberg 590 Mariner. Unfortunately the receiver isn't drilled so I am not able to mount a rail.
    [​IMG]
    Is there any mount you guys can recommend to me?
    By the way, I saw a lot of 590 Mariners with drilled receivers. Is there any information on which serial numbers they quit to drill the receiver or why they did?
  2. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Rossignol likes this.
  3. melomanic

melomanic .22LR

Thx. Will this mount also fit on my 590?
  4. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Don't see why it wouldn't.

The main differences in the 500/590 that I am aware of is the barrel is heavier, and has metal trigger guard and such.

Far as I know, the receiver and receiver holes are the same between the two.
  5. dieselmudder

dieselmudder .30-06 Elite Member "Philanthropist"

Ive had something similar, believe it was made by Millett. Might look into a slip on type cheek riser though, as it will force you to come up off of the stock some for a full field of view through the optic.
  6. shaner

shaner .270 WIN