• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Redfield Revolution

I've got the scope! It's mounted and at least looks sweet!

No shooting or pics this evening, we had a Mother's Day dinner thing at church. Tomorrow probably.

I'm digging the accu-range reticle. While not described as a BDC reticle, it functions the same with hold over points to 500 or 600 yards depending on the round. The .223 it's paired with falls into the 500 yard category.

Physically bore sighted, haven't yet touched the mechanical zero. I used the gross windage adjustment on the font base/ring. Haven't yet shot it, it has begun to rain and my bones hurt.

The rings are taller than I need but it's a .223 and I'll get a Triad stock pack and use risers.

Bette pics when I'm able, and review/opinions as I go. It's my first scope so take anything I say for what it's worth. I don't know the difference between this and a US Optics or Nightforce.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Here's where I am on the Redfield.

I like it. Looks good, easy to adjust. The accu range reticle is not the same as a BDC. For whatever reason, Redfield uses a 200 yard zero then hold points at 300, 400, and 500. It's based on ammunition and which group it falls in to, either group 1 or 2 (group 2 uses a 300 yard zero). The .223 is in group 1 but the only bullet weight listed is 40 gr and I'm using a 100 yard zero so I'm unable to use the scope as its designed.

I called this morning and asked for the distance between each point in MOA based on the power used (from 3 to 9). That information paired with specific bullet ballistics and distance from center of bore to center of scope will provide the distance in yards to those hold points on the reticle.

For the price, the Nikon P223 BDC would be easier. Or if American made is important, one of the more expensive Leupolds would be the way to go.

It's looks like, just based on ballistics and the distance between hold points using a 100 yard zero, each hold point on the reticle gets me to about 250, 350, and 450 yards.

So I can set my zero, use the reference, and fine tune with a few clicks.

The Nikon would definitely be easier especially paired with their app.

It's looks like, just based on ballistics and the distance between hold points using a 100 yard zero, each hold point on the reticle gets me to about 250, 350, and 450 yards.

So I can set my zero, use the reference, and fine tune with a few clicks.

The Nikon would definitely be easier especially paired with their app.

Yes sir I checked the bullet drop point chart I sent you and if what they say are the MOA adjustments for each hold point areas on the reticle I agree with your assumptions with the 55gr FMJ 100 yard zero.

The solid dot hold point for 350 yards will be shooting a tad high like maybe an inch, inch and a half. All the other hold points seem really close at 250 and 450.

Back