• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Redring Shotgun Sight

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
ctn947_260_5357_0_-3__Redring%20Pic8.jpg

WHY IS REDRING UNIQUE

Redring® is custom designed for shotgun shooting. The Redring® technology evolves from hunting practice and is designed for active hunters and serious sport shooters.

Completely independent from any of the shooter's eye dominance, the shooter keeps both eyes open when shooting.

What the ring frames, that's where the burst hits! Result - more fun and more reliable hunting.

ctn704_219_8650_2_4__Banner_Product.jpg

1. Spot-Metering

Redring® has built-in intelligence, called spot metering, that reads the backlight in a diameter equivalent to more than double the ring diameter. An integrated processor momentarily adjusts the ring intensity to the prevailing light. Dark background = weaker ring. Bright background = stronger ring. The directed spot metering gives the shooter a great advantage in all types of hunting with varying lighting conditions, such as duck shooting in the sunrise. Light intensity can also be set manually.

2. The Red Ring

Another advantage of using the Redring® is that it also is an effective rangefinder. The size of the ring on the target equals the shot diame­ter/burst at 20 meters (65 feet). This gives the shooter an instant indication if the target is within shooting range or if it’s too far away for a sure shot. When the ring looks right, pull the trigger. It surely improves the hit rate and reduces the risk of injuring the game.

3. Low mount with recoil absorbation

Redring® is mounted free-floating directly on to the rib of the gun. It only takes a couple of minutes to mount and the sight is ready to use. No alterations or changes to the gun are necessary. As the lightweight sight is mounted low on the shotgun rib, it will not have any noticeable effect on the balance of the gun. Redring® comes complete with recoil absorbing mounts for shotguns with a rib width ranging from 5 to 11.5 mm.

TARGET DISTANCE INDICATOR
ctn100_90_10000_0_7__redring-features-sight.png

The ring gives the shooter perfect aim and indicates when it’s safe to shoot and when it’s not. When the target looks right in relation to the ring, that’s when it’s time to shoot. The result is greater accuracy, more fun and more reliable hunting. A sure hit!

PARALLAX FREE
ctn100_100_6550_0_6__redring-paralax.png

Redring® enables the shooter to fire with both eyes open, irrespective of eye dominance. The open eyes principle improves the perceptual tendencies and helps the shooter to identify the target faster. Since Redring® is parallax free, what the shooter sees in the ring equals the target image, i.e., when the ring is right in relation to the target, the shot most certainly is a hit. The eye relief doesn’t matter.

USB FUNCITION
ctn100_90_5085_0_0__USB_symbol_blur.png

Redring® can be connected to your computer via a USB interface. This enables the shooter to register the equipment, log personalized statistics, select advanced settings, and receive periodic software upgrades from manufacturer. Go to USB for instructions and downloading the necessary software.

Automatic Shut Off
ctn100_100_8500_5_-17__battery.png

The built in energy saving “shut-off” function will automatically shut off the sight after 4 hours. The shut-off time is counted from the time the sight is turned on, or from the last time the ring intensity was manually adjusted.

Made in Sweden
ctn105_80_5722_5_1__Swedish%20flag.jpg

Redring® is designed, developed and manufactured in Sweden to the highest standards without compromise. It is so well designed that once mounted on the gun, it’s ready to shoot without sight-in or calibration. With Redring® on the gun, many of the most common shooting problems have been solved. The result – safer, more enjoyable and controlled shooting.

Redring USA LLC

100 Mill Plain Rd Box 71
Danbury, CT 06811

Phone: +1 (203) 546 3511

Cell: +1 (203) 586 6117

info@redringusa.com

Very Apple-like packaging! Screams quality from the moment you open the package.
p1206738826-4.jpg

Assembled in Sweden!
p1206738844-4.jpg

Some paperwork to go with the sight.
p1206738866-4.jpg

Opening the package reveals a well protected sight.
p1206739606-4.jpg

A first look at the sight out of the packaging.
p1206739646-4.jpg

A look down the sight with it off.
p1206739754-4.jpg

Adapters and a USB cable.
p1206740204-4.jpg

A view from the bottom showing how the sight mounts and the two adapters that can be interchanged to fit different guns.
p1206740498-4.jpg

A view from the side showing the allen key to remove the adapter.
p1206740526-4.jpg

A view showing the controls.
p1206741008-4.jpg

A view showing the battery door; see the small brass screw.
p1206741202-4.jpg

A view showing the textured finish and the awesome looking logo.
p1206741598-4.jpg

Well, it's a different take on the Red Dot sight. I love my Red Dot for bird hunting. This is a product I'm sure a lot of people should think about. Is the cost competitive with the Red Dot's?

Paul

Whoops! $750.00 retail. Ouch. Their going to have to work on that pricing a bit. LOL.

I should have one soon and Ill post up a thorough review of it. I am eager to try it out.

It has some nice features, but at almost twice the cost of an Eotech, and 6x the cost of other sights that actually do have the 1 moa centerdot, which I think is better for precision (like slugs), I'm not as interested.

The aspect of this I like the most is that it is mounted low. I like red dots but don't like that I can't get a good cheek weld on the stock when I use them on a shotgun.

I would also like to see them offer a more precise dot or crosshair, even if it appears withing the ring.

I'm curious to see the results of your testing but I think this one is a bit out of my price range at the moment.

You guys know that I shoot a LOT of Trap.
Well one of the best 16 year old shooters in the state is a member of our club.
He heard about these.
He wrote them a letter and a salesman met him and gave him a FREE sample.
The kid is trying it out on the Trap field.

Being a great shot already, his scores have not improved with it.

But you gotta give the kid credit for showing some initiative and getting to try out a new product.

raven01750 said:
Well, it's a different take on the Red Dot sight. I love my Red Dot for bird hunting.

Paul are you talking Turkey or Wing shooting?

LTB45 said:

OK, that's a fair enough answer.

My question at this point would be: Has his scores declined?

I think the concept is awesome, I like how low its mounted. I can see where it would offer some advantages and id love to try one some day!

It won't be real far up on my list though at the advertised price. Ill be watchin for the review for sure!

John A. said:
LTB45 said:

OK, that's a fair enough answer.

My question at this point would be: Has his scores declined?

Not sure, but considering that the last time I talked to him, it was coming off, I would say no plus to using it shooting Trap targets.
If he did increase his scores, the way that Trap shooters are, the company would have tripled their output overnight.

LTB45 said:
raven01750 said:
Well, it's a different take on the Red Dot sight. I love my Red Dot for bird hunting.

Paul are you talking Turkey or Wing shooting?

Wing Shooting. Dove has been the only thing I have used it on so far. But I have the 930 SPX w PG and the problem I had initially was I really had to push my cheek down on the Choat stock to get a good rail alignment on the 28" barrel. It just didn't feel comfortable for me.

So I mounted my Insight Miniture Red Dot sight up higher like my scope. For me it was perfect. I took my lazer bore sight out at night, popped a dot on a wall at 35 yards and moved the red dot on top. After that, she rocked. I think the only shots I missed that weekend were just really questionable in the first place because they were out of range or just moving to damn fast to even get properly lined up on.

Paul

Added some pictures and will give it some time at the range before I make any comments on it.

So far I do too but will see how it works at the range and in the field over the next few weeks.

Sweet, you gonna shoot some trap with it? Any plans to try it out with 00 and slugs?

This will be good.. I would LOVE too hear what some slugs do when you shoot lookin' through that! Only problem I foresee is that there is no dot in the center.. Just my observation and preference.

Jumping in late...that sight looks very nice and count me as another that's interested in a range report!

I plan to shoot some trap and skeet with it tomorrow am and if I get a chance I will try some slugs as well.

Back