• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Redring Shotgun Sight

Sounds great!

Good grief, if only it wasn't $750... I keep lookin at pics and the low profile right down on the bore has got to be sweet!

Really anxious to see what you think!

I got to shoot some trap today with it and after getting used to it I really liked it. I am going to get out and really put it through its paces over the next few weeks and report back.

This sight is in the latest issue of RECOIL Magazine. No review but they mention it with a brief explanation.

come on man, do you use this stuff ? :lol:
Throw it in the mail and I'll let you know how it holds up to field use :p

lol I always wonder how he gets this stuff :p
I'd like him to get his hands on that Open Sight thing I posted about a long time ago!

So I have had some more time with it in the field:

1.) If you are used to shooting with a bead sight for clays it takes some time to get used to it. Reason being is that red ring was very distracting at first when I was tracking the clays. It took me a few rounds before I was able to get the hang of it. That being said once I got over that hump it was very easy to use for clays. I am not sure that it improved my scores any though.

2.) If you are using it for hunting; say turkey or deer then this sight is AWESOME! Target acquisition in the field is very fast. I was able to easily track running deer with this sight especially in lower light situation.

I will have a detailed video of the sight and my thoughts in the future. I have been swamped with work and haven't had time to edit the video and post it up.

So this is an older thread;
However, this is also back on my radar. We're gonna have a sweet vent rib barrel in the near future, my daughter loves the vent rib guns!

@DHonovich
Wondering if you were ever able to put more time into this sight? I'm giving serious consideration to this thing.

Not finding any of these used through the usual channels. Anyone have ideas where to look besides amazon or eBay?

Back