• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

I got to shoot mine, felt great. Got it zeroed with slugs at 50 yards, then used my last slug to try the 100 yard.
Dead bullseye :cool:

Been working out of town but finally got home and installed the Mesa Tactical Urbino pistol grip stock. Installation went pretty smooth but could be a little challenging for someone that has never tackled anything like this. I did not use a vice for disassembly but the nut was definitely very tight. I did clamp her in the vice when I put everything back together. Excellent fit & finish and feels really good. Didn't have time to shoot but did stalk around the house with it all weekend (unloaded of course). I have no problem with the safety with the new stock. Can't wait to get to the range!
2014-10-12%2010.42.07.jpg

2014-10-12%2010.42.44.jpg

2014-10-12%2010.43.24.jpg

Arghhh...

Nice.
If anyone on the way to Germany... I will take the stock ;-)
No dealer here and my brother (California) comes in the late middle of 2015.
You know a shop who will/can ship to Germany?

Second post in this forum. My month old SPX has had 0 problems with Hester's 00 buck so I am pleased. The Urbino stock is on its way and I can't wait to put it on and take it to the firing range this weekend. Will also try to DIY an AFG2 on to the stock forend and see what happens. If not, I'll go with one of the options - Aimpro, Bobcat, et al. Thanks everyone for all the helpful thoughts and pics.

Been working out of town but finally got home and installed the Mesa Tactical Urbino pistol grip stock. Installation went pretty smooth but could be a little challenging for someone that has never tackled anything like this. I did not use a vice for disassembly but the nut was definitely very tight. I did clamp her in the vice when I put everything back together. Excellent fit & finish and feels really good. Didn't have time to shoot but did stalk around the house with it all weekend (unloaded of course). I have no problem with the safety with the new stock. Can't wait to get to the range!
2014-10-12%2010.42.07.jpg

2014-10-12%2010.42.44.jpg

2014-10-12%2010.43.24.jpg

Great looking gun Hammerhead. Mine should look almost exactly the same in a few days except for Elzetta mounted light and the lack of sling. I will have to search on how you installed the AFG on that stock forend. Thank you.

Took me a long time to install my Urbino. When pulled back, the bolt would automatically go back to the forward position. I had to uninstall and re-install twice but I finally got it to work. But then again, I confess that I am the world's worst DIY'er. Will take it to the range tomorrow and see if the whole thing won't blow up on me.

Last edited:
Took me a long time to install my Urbino. When pulled back, the bolt would automatically go back to the forward position. I had to uninstall and re-install twice but I finally got it to work. But then again, I confess that I am the world's worst DIY'er. Will take it to the range tomorrow and see if the whole thing won't blow up on me.

Are you sure you installed the new shooter buffer spring ?

Sage, dig around in the Forend sticky and you will find some detailed instructions for mounting the AFG. I have the Elzetta light mount on my Remington 870.

Sage, dig around in the Forend sticky and you will find some detailed instructions for mounting the AFG. I have the Elzetta light mount on my Remington 870.

Thanks Hammerhead. I did the other night and got the exact rail used in the pic. I have to borrow my gf's dremel and will give it a go tomorrow.

I shot it today with the Urbino and happy to announce that things worked perfectly well using a bunch of cheap OO buckshot. Herters and can't remember the other one.

The shorter LOP feels great. I may experiment on setting the cheek rest thingy a little.

My 17 year old and my gf's 13 year old had fun blasting paper targets.

Last edited:
This exactly. I hope it doesn't take em as long to get out there as the PG model though...
I wish they would at least release an approximate release date for the straight stock and that they are definitely going to offer one. I can get a good deal on a SPX, but I will not buy it until I know I can modify it to fit .

I wish they would at least release an approximate release date for the straight stock and that they are definitely going to offer one. I can get a good deal on a SPX, but I will not buy it until I know I can modify it to fit .

It wouldn't mean anything if they did give you a date. They pushed the Urbino stocks back quite a few times. I wonder if it would be possible to buy the shortened buffer tube by itself instead of the whole package. I don't want a pistol grip stock.

Yup... just waiting it out.... no pistol grip stock but having an adjustable comb and a shortened LOP would be perfect toggling between the GRS/Front Post 18" barrel to my 24" ported turkey/skeet set up.

Back