• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Thanks for your help with the images that allowed me to know what I should have been seeing. Because of my schedule, and to some extent the weather here in the St. Louis area, I won't be able to take it up to my friend's farm and check it for shooting functionality till next week. I am optimistic.

When I have it working I will post a summary of the problem and my solution along with pictures of the components so people can see them since that is not something found easily.

That'd be great.

The Mrs. and I have been homebound for the past two days as well. The ice here in Nashville has everything shut down...

Better snow like we have than ice. I had a wreck on an icy road when I was 16 and it has made me nervous about icy roads ever since. Stay safe.

Yup, that's why we just stayed home.

We're both confident driving in it, but it's the rest of the crazy people out on the road that worry me...

Smart move LES.

We got another 4" over night. More coming Thursday.

Gotta love my last snowy winter.:D

Got out this afternoon once the sun showed up after a two day absence and chiseled out my mobile ice cube. There was a good 3/4" solid layer of ice covering the entire truck. The roads were a LOT better once Igot out of my neighborhood, so it looks like it'll be business as usual tomorrow...

Well shot cold warm clean dirty lubed unlubed action if offical I own a 2 3/4 gun this thing will not cycle 3" shells with any kind of reliability gonna start polishing parts see what happens

Welcome aboard.

I wouldn't write it off just yet. Mossberg has been through a couple different generations of SPX now. Many of the early issues have been addressed and resolved. We haven't seen many issues with the newer models other than an inherent sensitivity to light target loads, especially when brand new...

Thanks.... mine is working fine and having no problems with light loads. Only one thing.... maybe 3 out of 10 times can only get 5 rounds in the tube. I already read all the possible reasons why so i will check it out this morning. Make sure it's screwed on properly etc.

Glad it's running well for you.

Keep us posted on the capacity issue and we'll do what we can to help you sort it out...

Hi....could not get it to work properly. They are gonna send it to a gunsmith to check it out. I think it's pathetic and should have been sorted years ago by Mossberg. They haven't replied to my email yet and I am sure I won't get a reply and the reason is because they know what a f-up this model is.

This is the latest model....

Being from South Africa we will just have to fix the problem. Can't just send it back and also getting firearms licensed takes 3 months at least. It's the follower getting stuck where the mag tube meets the extension. I am sure they will fix it rounding off the sharp edges.

Back